Sasakawa Africa Association Recruitment for Consultants, Aug., 2019
Sasakawa Africa Association/Sasakawa Global 2000 has worked for over 27 years with several frontline extension workers and millions of farmers in Nigeria to promote higher-yielding technologies of different crops under the MOU signed with the Federal Ministry of Agricultural (FMARD). The organization partners with ministries of Agriculture and Agricultural Development Projects to mount dynamic field demonstration programs, Postharvest agro-processing handling technologies, encourage public-private extension-led partnerships and also support the human resource development through Sasakawa Africa Funds for Extension (SAFE) Education Programme.
The main goal of SAA is to improve livelihoods and incomes of small holder farmers through the promotion of improved agricultural technologies for both crops and livestock sectors.
We seek to employ qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant
Locations: Kano, Jigawa and Gombe, Kaduna, Ilorin, Adamawa, Katsina, Ife
- SAA/SG 2000 intends to conduct a Baseline survey in its intervention states and Universities (Kano, Jigawa and Gombe, Kaduna, Ilorin, Adamawa, Katsina Ife) to determine the benchmarks for its 2019 – 2023 Strategic plans. The survey is designed to capture data and information that will enable SAA to understand pre-intervention conditions of our target beneficiaries and to set benchmarks for monitoring, evaluation and impact assessments.
- Data and information will be collected on a set of indicators that will be used to assess achievement of the outcomes and impacts created by the interventions.
- In line with the above, the organization is looking for qualified consultants with cognate experience.
The Consultant to be shortlisted for the survey should meet the following selection criteria:
- Interested candidates must provide information indicating that they have the requisite experience of conducting similar activity
- Availability of competent skilled personnel who will handle the job
- The Consultant will be willing to double as an international consultant in case She/he is qualified to manage the overall survey across all the four SAA focused countries (Ethiopia, Uganda, Nigeria and Mali).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send express their interest in writing for conducting the survey and send a hard copy to the address below:
Sasakawa Global 2000,
No. 8, Kura Road, Off Magajin Rumfa,
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2019.