VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
- Responsible for implementing Internal audit in the organisation and its entities.
- Department: Executive Office
- Reports to Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensure proper internal audit system
- Implement risk management system
- Investigate fraud within the organization
- Carry out Audit activities and prepare reports.
- Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organization.
- Supervise the execution of VFD’s control procedures on financial processes such as revenue collection, receivable and asset management, investments, international operations, etc.
- Prepare/ review internal audit reports covering audit activities and findings.
- Ensure all financial transactions are bona-fide, accurate and processed in line with established policies and procedures and coordinate the review of all payment vouchers to both internal and external parties.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the internal audit operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Investigate client complaints and provide reports on same.
- Prepare audit reports and advise units and committees on departure from policies, procedures, and other exceptions.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO and relevant Board Committee.
- Good back up support on operation/ transaction review.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO/ Board.
Key Performance Indicators
- Savings on income leakages
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
- Reduced number of mitigated risk
- Minimum exceptions found by external auditors
- Timely and discreet execution of investigations
- Number of timely conducted audits
- Reduced fraud cases
- Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required
- Knowledge of corporate governance practices
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to read large volumes of documents effectively and extract necessary information
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business issues
- Communication & Presentation
- Good report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
- Team work
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Team work
- First Degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc). MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 8 years relevant experience of which at least two (2) years must have been spent in a similar role in the financial services industry.
- Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required.
Deadline: 4th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.