FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – M&E
Location: Boki and Etung LGAs, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
- The ATO – M&E will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site. Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 1 – 3 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Adequate understanding of any of the local languages
- Strong communication competence.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Knowledge of the project terrain.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues related to the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Support implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to supported facilities, including collecting data on project activities and assist in the preparation of weekly reports.
- Institute/strengthen disease surveillance and early warning system in project supported facilities and communities
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building to project supported health facilities.
- Responsible for data entry of project inputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.