The AHI Residence Limited is an 18-room Bed & Breakfast, non-smoking, non-alcohol serving facility located on the Lagos Mainland. The AHI Residence is designed for professionals who require a serene and comfortable accommodation for strategic retreats, seminars, workshops, business meetings, academic or intellectual reflection and output especially those using the adjoining halls and meeting rooms at Action Health Incorporated’s (AHI) office complex.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Duties and Responsibilities
- Picking up and delivery of in-house guest laundry.
- Operate and monitor washing and drying laundry machines, including adding chemicals, cleaning lint traps.
- Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair, spot treatment, rewash, or discard.
- Inspect cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer, or dry cleaning machines and place in clean linen carts.
- Fold cleaned articles into designated size, either by hand or using folding machine.
- Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
- Count and verify all items collected as per laundry price lists / laundry sheet signed by the guest and note down any discrepancy or damages on the same sheet.
- Check all items for damage or stains and take appropriate action to rectify these issues.
- Report immediately to the Supervisor any valuable items like cash, jewelry, credit cards etc. found in guests cloth pockets.
- Process the guests clothing on the correct equipment / machines using the appropriate chemicals and temperature.
- Sort employee uniforms for appropriate action like washing, dry cleaning, pressing or send for repairing to the hotel’s tailor.
- Report any technical problems, damages or deficiencies to the Supervisor
- Ability to operate Laundry machines and apply appropriate cleaning chemicals.
- Eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- WASC / SSCE / NECO or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a Hotel Laundry Unit
- Experience working with Laundry Machines (Washers & Dryers).
Job Title: Front Office Executive
- Accept reservations, changes and cancellations
- Check-in guests in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Check-out guests at end of stay. Ascertain guest satisfaction
- Ensures guest settles bill through POS, credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilize a variety of software systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports
- Reconcile all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism
- Work closely with Housekeeper to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Graduate of Social Sciences / Arts
- 2+ years experience as a Front Office Executive in a reputable 3-star hotel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Versatility in use of Hotel Management Software
Job Title: Cook
- Prepare delicious meals for our guests
- Train, supervise and coordinate activities of other kitchen / restaurant staff
- Manage kitchen staff and delegate tasks related to meal preparation, cooking and delivering food to diners in a timely fashion
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and consistent quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Monitor food stock, order food and supplies as required and ensure value for money is received
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Manage relationships with suppliers and resolve issues with vendors promptly
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years experience as a Cook in a full-service restaurant
- Excellent knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Excellent knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Must be computer literate.
Job Title: Housekeeper
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from guests, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness in all customer and back-of-house areas
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional at all times
- Adhere strictly to all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Report any security or maintenance issues immediately to Manager
- Ordinary National Diploma in any related discipline.
- 1-3 years.
Deadline: 12th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume / CV (including mobile phone contact) to “The Human Resource Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Laundry Attendant” as the subject of the mail.