Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Team Leader
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months– Probation period: 2 month
Delocalization policy: According to SI conditions
- The Team Leader will coordinate a team of Watsan foremen in order to set up the Water and Sanitation activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
Setting up the activities /control and supervision:
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Project Manager:
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Project Manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Project Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Project Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers…)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Project manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / communication:
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or project manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her project manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- 2 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in WASH
- Minimum of 1year Experience in Team Management
- Languages: English, Kanuri/Shuwa, Hausa mandatory (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: excellent interpersonal skills (communication), ability to express clearly in group and in front of an assembly, team player, reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress
- Training: B.Sc /HND in Civil and Water Resources Engineering/Geology or any relevant WASH qualification
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, Data collection and analysis software a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of the local context and communities preparably working in Maiduguri
- Reliability, Honest, Accountability, Resistance to Stress, Good interpersonal skills, team player, Prioritisation of task.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
Deadline: 31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your application by Clicking on the following link above and select “WATSAN Team Leader – Maiduguri”, fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- No generic applications will be accepted
- NO paper application will be considered
- Only available for people having a Gmail account
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.