Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 24 mois
Start date: ASAP
General Description of the Position
- You will ensure effectively manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Borno State.
Do you fit the requested profile ?
- You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
- You have a significant experience with INGOs in insecure setting on the same type of position (at least 3 years)
- If you have a previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies, it would be considered as an asset.
- You have excellent management skills specially of large scale programme (You are experience in HR, projects and stress management)
- You have strong ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- You have excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- You are disciplined, organised and able to work independently
- You are fluent in English
- You have dxcellent drafting and written skills
- Ensure field representation of ACF and adherence to Mandate/Charter/Principles.
- Effectively manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State
- Ensure Safety/Security of ACF personnel and assets
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Contract: 24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly gross salary: from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €539 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks and coverage of the transportation expenses
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online