Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a leading provider of world-class Healthcare services for over 15 years in Lagos. The facility is a growing family practice that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high quality patient-centered family medicine.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization in position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Reports to: The Lead Nurse
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients
- She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training.
- Minimum of 4 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
- Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system or willing ness to learn)
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate ability to exercise discretion.
- Demonstrates a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate good stress management
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s)
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors in suturing procedures and to set up lines for patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use
- Deliver patient files to the senior nursing officer, especially for patients to be taken under observation
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy
- Liaise with the accounts team in order to receive funding for supplies needed
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Job Title: Radiology Assistant
Job type: Part-Time
Reports To: The Radiologist
- The Radiology Assistant will be responsible for managing and assessing patients by performing radiographic examination using x-rays, and ultrasound imaging technology under the direction of a radiologist. The candidate will assist the radiologist as needed and ensure that all required documentation and policy/procedures have been completed and followed.
- Prepare patients for procedures by taking patient’s medical history and explaining the expected nature of examinations and also answering general questions.
- Perform set up and stocking of procedure rooms, which may include, but not limited to scheduling, registration, documentation, release of information and customer services.
- Performs radiologic procedures by taking medical images or examinations.
- Ensure that medical images are complete and made in the highest quality so as to meet the needs of the doctor in charge of patient’s care.
- Enhance patient care by assisting the radiologist with patient assessment, patient management and radiological procedure.
- Make initial observation of diagnostic images and ensure that documentation is completed to meet the needs of the physician.
- Implement proper safety protocols and requirements to avoid contaminating the results or causing physical harm to patients or themselves.
- Understand and observe health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect self and others.
- Responsible for calibrating and maintaining equipment before and after usage.
- Perform pain assessment and takes appropriate action according to standard operating procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the need of the organization in delivering quality care to patients.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography and registered with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN)
- A candidate currently undergoing the NYSC program is preferable (Engagement is part-time)
- Must have experience using computerized medical equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of medical technology with a background in basic sciences.
- Anatomy and physiology skills
- Radiation safety skills
- Knowledge of medical and legal standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills and diagnostic imaging skills are essential.
- Knowledge of general patient care and patient assessment.
- Personable and efficient
- Attention to details and observance of instructions.
- Must be responsible and accountable.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner
Deadline: 20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate your name and the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.