Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then.
At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Montessori Directress
- The Montessori Teacher will be responsible for using specialized learning techniques and exercises, as well as specialized learning materials, to teach children.
- He/she is expected to teach the pupils through Montessori methods and also create independent learning environment.
- Develop interdisciplinary instructional units in order to meet the individual needs of students
- Ensure the availability of materials and resources needed to further educational programs
- Ensure the safety and emotional security of students and ensure that the physical environment of the classroom is under health and security directives of the school
- Establish a positive relationship with parents by providing regular and positive communication
- Timely create progress reports of each student
- Develop and participate in school functions such as orientations, projects, and carnivals
- Train teacher assistants in order to make sure that they are ready to perform in their roles
- Maintain classroom supplies inventory and stock
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and coordinators to handle curriculum integration and implementation
- Work with individual students to gauge abilities and work towards catering to these abilities
- Use various assessment tools to evaluate each student’s capabilities within the classroom
- Prepare an environment conducive to learning and social and academic development
- Maintain a classroom environment by ensuring that appropriate behavior rules are followed and the lesson plan is followed
- Complete and maintain student records in the school’s database
- Ensure the privacy of student information
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- A PGDE /Masters in Education and a background in Montessori education will be an added advantage
- Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) certificate will be an added advantage
- Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education(MACTE)
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a good school.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
Deadline: 4th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Note: Qualified Montessori Personnel Only.