Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
Reports To: General Manager
- HND/B.Sc in Transport/Fleet Management or related field with minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience.
- The ideal candidate must have technical knowledge of different kinds of cars and must be able to manage drivers effectively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to drive both manual and automatic vehicles.
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
- We are looking for qualified candidate to fill in the position of Waiter/waitress Candidates will render a variety of services to customers through application of knowledge of our organization.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s special and offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. Events)
- OND or its equivalent
- Good looking
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work.
- Interest in working with people from all backgrounds.
- Ability to work assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation.
Job Title: ICT Officer
- Be at the disposal of the Log base for any other tasks they deem necessary
- Fulfill the following tasks (some of them being covered in the IT SOP):
- Provide new starters with IT equipment set up to their needs
- Manage the networks across all sites
- Manage network prioritization due to limited bandwidth
- Develop and put in place sound back-up systems
- Establish and enforce various IT policies (setting up e-mails, use of internet, accounts deletion, etc)
- Provide resolution to IT issues (repairs and maintenance)
- Shall with the ICT Officer provide technical advice on CCTV operations to the base security manager whenever the needs arise
- Shall ensure that recommended anti-virus is installed on all the computers in the base and regularly updated
Qualification, Experience and Attribute of the Ideal Candidate
- Degree and Postgraduate qualifications (or equivalent) in IT/Networks
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in related work within a Similar Organization
- Good spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of electrical, hardware and software maintenance and moving is mandatory
- Flexible working hours, Healthy and Physical capability of moving equipment,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to solve problems;
- Ability to follow instructions,
- Ability to work both independents and as an effective team member,
- Ability to think and communicate clearly with others
- Flexible working hours Reporting deadlines Operate in low resource environments
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
- Candidate should possess OND and at least 2 years’ experience in commercial laundry.
Job Title: Laundry Supervisor
Reports To: Laundry Manager
- To assist the Laundry Manager in overseeing the day-to-day duties of the Laundry shop.
- To make sure that all the machines are running smoothly
- To supervise and ensure daily cleaning & maintenance of the machines and the linen area by the Laundry staff
- Collate & keep good record of all linen & uniforms brought for Laundry
- To supervise the team of Laundry attendants towards achieving the operational objectives in line with the Hotel’s standards.
- To ensure appropriate quality controls are in place & manage customer service inquiries promptly and effectively.
- To assist the Laundry Manager in assigning schedules and duties to the Laundry staff as per business needs.
- To promptly report to the Laundry Manager if any items have been damaged (linens as well as uniforms)
- To keep and update the Laundry/linen productivity report on daily basis.
- HND/B.Sc in Business Admin/Management or relevant discipline
- Computer literacy is key.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & problem-solving abilities
- Previous supervisory experiences within the Housekeeping Department of a hotel.
Job Title: Night Auditor
Department: Front Office
Report to: Front Office Manager
- To approve invoices, write the day’s statistical and accounting report for the management team and prepare the documents required by the morning team.
- To take responsibility for the hotel after the daytime management team has left
- To manage the till and bill payments as well as closing the day’s Front Office transactions
- To ensure the safety of guests: he or she takes all urgent decisions (walks, fire procedures, etc.)
- To ensure that guests receive high quality service
- At last three years working experience or similar position
- Experienced in a customer contact job is required
- A minimum of HND educational qualification in Accounting or relevant course
- Working knowledge of Opera software shall be an added advantage
- Night working
- Understanding how to manage priorities
- Use of the Windows environment
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Self-sufficiency: usually working alone
- Self-control: handling complaints
- Good relationship skills
Job Title: Chinese Chef
Report To: Executive Chef
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- At least a minimum five years working experience in a similar position
- At least Secondary School Education and must be able to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Complete command of culinary basics
- Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
- Time management: fluctuations in activity levels
- Taking the initiative
- Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
- Team spirit
Deadline: 29th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as email Subject
Submit in person at:
Bolton White Hotels,
No. 7 Gwandu Street, Opp. Sahad Stores,
Area 11, Garki – Abuja.