Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Contract type: National contract
- The overall purpose of this role is to support the Program Quality Assurance unit perform its key tasks including grants management, reporting and visibility.
- University Degree in a relevant field such as International Relations, Project Management, Development Studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, humanitarian mine action and armed violence reduction;
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, UN and EU donors with special attention to reporting and archiving requirements;
- At least 2 years of professional experience with an international humanitarian / development organization with responsibilities of grants/program management;
- English – fluent with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Knowledge and fluency in Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria
- Ability to represent DRC to local groups and community members;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context.
- Availability: Jan 2020
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise:
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Deadline: 17th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org For further information about the Danish Refugee council.