Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Information System/Payment Coordinator
Job ref.: 190004MV
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Permanent
- The MIS/Payment Coordinator will provide technical support to the design, implementation and monitoring of cash transfer programme at State and LGA levels in Yobe State.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide technical oversight to the planning, delivery and monitoring of programme activities at the state and LGA levels
- Establishment of an integrated MIS into the cash program to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology
- Ensure technical assistance to programme delivery has been planned and factored into budgets
- Participate in relevant state and LGA level forums for cash transfers and social protection and support advocacy efforts with state government
- Support the development of training packages for staff and partners in the management and delivery of cash transfers
- Support development of capacity building strategy for state and LGAs in social protection
- Work with LGA teams to establish reporting processes to ensure that all information and data on cash transfer interventions is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide technical input and review to regular monthly and quarterly state-level reports using data provided by LGA teams and ensure cross-checking of data
- Compile case studies and lessons learned reports on a regular basis to share with the wider programme and inform improvements in programme quality and delivery
- Ensure proper and timely implementation, management and capacity building on MIS
- Document good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities
- Represent Save the children in relevant local forums and technical working groups where necessary.
- Ensure that the planned activities are carried out in a way that is timely, cost-effective and adheres to quality standards
- Support planning of sensitization activities with target communities and development of key community mobilization messages
- Ensure targeting and enrolment process for beneficiaries is conducted transparently and according to phased roll-out plans
- Support creation of a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Ensure beneficiary accountability mechanism is logging and addressing complaints in a timely fashion. Ensure programme managers are aware of delays in acting on any complaints or information requests.
Qualification Experience & Skills
- First degree (BSc/BA/HND), preferably in a discipline such as Social Sciences, Geography, Anthropology or other disciplines relevant to Urban/Rural Livelihoods, IT, MIS or related field
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Knowledge of Household Economy Approach to food security and livelihoods assessment.
- Skills related to participatory research methods, computer literacy and numerical skills.
- Understanding the non-partisan status of an international NGO.
- Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to take a proactive approach in community capacity building, either directly or through the facilitation of suitable support.
- Experience in leading a team in fieldwork with communities.
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
- Knowledge of Hausa language.
- Fluency in Hausa/Kanuri languages
- 4 years post NYSC experience.
- Substantial experience of relief or development/extension work with rural communities.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing cash transfer and food security programmes.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program
- Knowledge and experience in using database specific software
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience of project development, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in the area of cash transfers and/or food security.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Experience in institutional strengthening of government and or local NGOs.
- Knowledge and experience of Child Rights Programming approaches.
- An understanding of nutrition and behaviour change communications activities
- Previous experience in M&E, MIS of cash-based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
Deadline: 17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online