Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Service Advisor
Ref Id: sfh-88346
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the clinical service program activities.
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address gender-based violence prevention and OVC service delivery gaps.
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested.
- Responsible for developing strategies for providing adherence services and support at the communities to HIV positive households
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify community-based service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services
- Support Community Service Organisations (CSOs) to establish and strengthen referral mechanism and linkages between the communities and health facilities.
- Implement strategies that address the needs of children between 9-14 years old, including HIV prevention services and life skill supports.
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address intimate partner’s violence (IPV), and gender-based violence (GBV) services
- Provide support to eligible HIV positive beneficiaries to access appropriate differentiated model of care
- Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners; especially the Ministry of Health, to ensure that all activities conform with the requirements and regulations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a minimum of MBBS / B.Sc in Biological Science / Clinical Sciences. Master in public health, health administration, international health or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum five (5) years’ experience in implementing or providing technical assistance in gender and social welfare programs reaching orphans and vulnerable children .with a least two years’ experience in strengthening service delivery projects; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on HIV, gender and social welfare programs reaching orphans and vulnerable children.
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in HIV prevention. necessary for strengthening ASRH and OVC social welfare program service delivery.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Nigerian healthcare system, particularly the public. health system, experience living and working in Kano preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PEPFAR management and reporting procedures.
Skills and Competency required:
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of institutional structures and cultures;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with multiple partners to assess varying degrees of organisational and technical capability.
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to coach, mentor and develop capacity in staff.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written) in Hausa language will be an added advantage.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Deadline: 7th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online