Deloitte – Our client is a major player in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry servicing different sectors is undergoing a major strategic transformation and requires the services of a key business strategist to lead the business and transformation unit of the organization to meet its corporate goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Strategy and Business Transformation
Job Type: Full Time
- As the Head of Strategy and Business development, your responsibilities will include;
Strategy formulation & implementation:
- Focuses on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, knowledge management and the implementation of an organizational dashboard for impact and organizational effectiveness.
- Responsible for formalizing the company’s strategic-planning processes, and leading the development of the strategy, translating it for people across functions and business units, and drive organizational change forging new working relationships and synergies across the organization, and establishing greater transparency and accountability for those people carrying out the company’s strategy.
- Responsible for assessing whether strategic initiatives, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the company’s standards and objectives.
- Liaises with other departments’ heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans.
- Supports large-scale enterprise-wide projects that incorporate a proactive and innovative solution to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives. Integrates how the big picture of the initiatives comes together from definition through implementation on implications across the business.
- Supports development of clear case for change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, clear roles and decision-making.
- Supports the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the client maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability and returns
- Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals.
- Acts as a key advisor to Chief Executive Officer on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a knowledge management infrastructure and leads in the management of organizational knowledge as a strategic asset to further the organization’s goals.
- Produces a Strategy Review Report on a periodic basis (biannually) that affords the organization the opportunity of aligning its strategic objectives with the prevailing business realities and assumptions.
- Drives continuous improvement process with the implementation of business re-engineering activities.
- Establishes with management, baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Models and redesigns business processes and operational workflow keeping track of where cost can be better optimized along with the workflow.
- Ensures projected cost savings are tracked, captured, validated and efficiently applied to attain the business goals of the company.
- Coordinates with departments/units to ensure adequate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Monitors the progress of strategic improvement implementation to ensure timely action appropriate management support and achievement of expected benefits.
- Provides the management team with a monthly corporate performance report that captures the achievement of business objectives against agreed targets.
- Develops processes and procedures to guide non- asset-based businesses, reverse logistics, equipment solutions, mass market entry as may be introduced by the company.
- Supports business development in business process evaluation.
- Constantly reviews the efficiency of the processes in driving the non-asset-based contracts.
- Documents desired organizational change and specific measures from Management ensuring such measures are linked to defined business goals
- Develops a comprehensive change management plan to realize the desired business results
- Creates and documents a process improvement strategy/program; ensures all operational processes are clearly defined, authenticated and recorded
- Organizes and facilitates monthly Corporate Performance Review Meetings
- Constantly evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes to attainment of set goal.
- Breaks down overall corporate strategy into specific and achievable tasks.
- Develops quarterly Enterprise Performance Analysis report that captures the key contributions of each business drivers / strategic business units to overall corporate performance and the relevant improvements required
- Designs and implements a monthly process audit/measurement and reporting system using appropriate KPIs and dashboard
- Champions the fostering of a process improvement culture
- Creates a platform for educating staff on the need for and advantages of continuous process improvement.
Innovation / Office of the Future:
- Engages external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
- Recognizes promising ideas and finds ways to introduce them into the company’s future plans and discards ideas that are ineffective, costly, or beyond the scope of the company’s mission or abilities to develop.
- Manages the process of recognizing and introducing promising ideas into the company’s future plans.
- Strategizes with the Commercial and Business Intelligence Department to transform general ideas into workable solutions.
- Analyzes existing practices to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Works with the Customer Experience Department to track customer responses to new ideas, tracks.
- Monitors research and development of other organizations to spot trends in innovation and supplement research findings in the company’s industry.
- Manages the Company’s Innovation hub.
Health & Safety responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies in his department.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive BT team
- Self-development and continuing personal development
- Manage the performance of managers and team members within the department through the formal performance management system
- A relevant postgraduate business degree (MBA or equivalent tertiary qualification)
- Minimum of 15 years’ work experience with the last 5 years in a strategic management role
- Possession of Project Management certification (PRINCE2, PMI etc) is an added advantage
- Membership of recognized professional body is required
- Experience in Strategy planning and development
- Ability to apply strategic frameworks to analyse problems and to guide and develop solutions
- Possess innovative / creative mindset with ability to think outside the box consistently.
- Strong Project Management, Relationship management, Business analysis skills
- Strategic planning & development, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment, have high personal and professional integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online