Job for Lead Pipeline Engineer at Onstream Group
Onstream Group – With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets. The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Pipeline Engineer
- The Pipelines Lead Engineer will be part of the TUPNI Project team who will oversee the execution of the Compensated Call For Tender (CCFT) Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Engineering Procurement Construction and Installation (EPCI) phases, and he will be responsible for the delivery of the Flowlines System design scope, in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular the technical requirements and in line with the schedule, effectively responsible for all technical matters related to Flowline System (and associated ancillaries) scope;
To this objective, he will be in charge of:
- Reviewing and approving all relevant Engineering documents throughout the CCFT FEED and EPCI phases, which typically include Flowlines Mechanical design, Flowline expansion analysis, route optimization and field layout, on-bottom Stability Analysis, Lateral Buckling/Pipe-Walking Analysis, Free Span Analysis, Cathodic Protection design, Installation, Construction, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Feasibility/Analyses etc.
- Assisting, in Qualification activities as may be required pertaining to the relevant components of the flowline system,
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
- Liaising with other Team engineers to ensure technical consistency of all interfacing systems constituting the PREOWEI development as well as the existing EGINA facilities, in particular the flow line electrical heating system, flow assurance, fabrication and installation feasibility, pre-commissioning/commissioning etc.
- Liaising with TOTAL HQ Specialists, or third parties, when required, for specific topics ( such as geotechnics, hydrodynamics, structural, material & welding, corrosion & coating, etc ) to ensure that these topics are adequately addressed when they concern the flowlines system.
- Getting feedback from other deepwater projects on flowline systems ( and associated ancillaries).
- Participating in various technical reviews ( Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews etc…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary
- Assisting in resolution of interface issues as necessary, involving SPS, electrical heating system, installation, hook-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning etc., including the existing EGINA facilities.
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Assisting as necessary, concerning Flowline Systems (and associated ancillaries), in the preparation of the technical aspects of the EPCI Contract.
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with Contract requirements, Project Specifications and Schedule during the CCFT FEED and EPCI phases.
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with TOTAL general specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy.
- To ensure that design will comply with all HSE requirements and that Safety and Environment dossiers will be provided to National Authorities in due time.
The position is residential in Lagos
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline Mandatory (copy of certificate to be provided) with MSc or equivalent. Depending on experience, candidates with BSc may be also given consideration.
- Some knowledge in structural, hydrodynamics and flow-assurance will be also valuable
- Some knowledge in material, welding, corrosion, coatings will be also valuable
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize in a fast-paced project and meet schedule requirements.
- Prior experience of pipeline electrical heating technologies (ETH-PIP or DEH-Wet insulation) is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in pipeline engineering for deepwater projects. Relevant experience will include performance and/or validation of design specifications, performance and / or validation of detail design calculations for Pipelines.
- Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and TOTAL general specifications
- Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
- Reports directly to the SURF Engineering Leader
- Accountable for the delivery of the Flowlines System, in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular technical/ HSE requirements, within schedule and without undue change to the scope
- To demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company requirements on technological risks management.
- To ensure that all recommendations from safety studies and technical reviews are fully addressed in design phase.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online