Job Vacancies at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain, 8th January, 2020
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Flying Electrician
Reference ID: LT03701
Location: Maiduguri – With Support to Borno, Yobe, Zamfara and any other intervention as needed
Report To: Logistics Coordinator
Report To (Functional) : Deputy Logistics Coordionator
Working Hours: 48 Per Week
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Performing autonomously, complex / advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities across the mission (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc., according MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations.
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project. Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
- Carrying out and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing regular maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project. Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Identifying local technical actors, and organizing their participation in the project (training of technical staff, establishing relations with local companies, contractors and suppliers, quotations, contracts, etc.)
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed
- Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- To Carry out electrical rehabilitation works in projects and capital and ensure electricity safety standard.
- Train Project Technician minimum electrical safety & standard.
- Evaluate together with Electricity manager Power supply needs for each premise in project and capital
- Ensure that quality electrical materials are installed in MSF buildings.
- Give guidance to Supply team for procurement of electrical materials.
- Able to translate the electrical drawings given to carry out electrical installations.
- Define together with Logistics managers the stock of Electrical materials per project.
- Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training.
- Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- English and Hausa
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation and Stress Management.
- NGN 3,014,622 (Annual basic salary + 13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Job Title: Flying Finance Coordinator Assistant
Location: Abuja, with support visits to Borno, Yobe, Zamfara projects and any other intervention as needed.
Report to: Finance Coordinator
Report to (functional): Finance Coordinator
Working Hours: 48 Per week
No of Places: 01 (One)
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Assisting the Finance Coordinator in the implementation and follow-up of the finance activities of the field according to MSF policies, standards and procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the mission (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, auditing procedures, legal financial obligations, etc.) including the translation of documents and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Training Admin department in the field ( MMR, BFUF, FFC encoding, Online payment, Templates,..)
- Carrying out delegated Finance / Accountancy tasks and activities for the field ensuring confidentiality on all Finance, Accountancy and HR issues related to MSF as well as the strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Replacing other members – ACMA, Finance / HR Manager or Project HR / Fin Assistants during their absence.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Support the Projects & capital team with respect to tax related matters.
- Support the Projects and capital team with respect to MMR, BFUF, FFC, Online payment.
- Responsible for giving on Job training and coaching support for field finance team on Finance procedures, rules and regulations.
- Replace Field Gaps of Fin / HR Assistant / Manager staff on their absence (gap filling) – regular and emergency projects.
Training – Project:
- When requested by Finco, verify all projects monthly accountancy documents and give comment or feedback to the project and follow-up the process closely. Make corrections as necessary during his visit to the field.
- Train Fin HR Manager with the preparation of Monthly Money Request .
- Train Fin HR Manager with preparation of BFUF.
- Train Staff from other departments in matters related to finance ( Validation Table, Contract forms, Procedures signatures, quality of documents to be presented to Finance).
Project Support: 100% flexible to visit all project location to support Fin HR team all the time is required. ( Expected up to 80% of time per year in the field). Taxes – Project:
- Verify projects tax collection and payments and follow-up the whole process closely
- Essential diploma in Finance, HR Management or similar education.
- Essential: Previous working experience of at least four years in relevant jobs
- Desirable: Experience in MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Good working knowledge on MS Office
- Results and Quality Orientation, Attention to details, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
NGN 4,344,067 (Annual basic salary + 13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Deadline: 18th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Credentials and NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted