The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Epidemiology, Surveillance, and Evaluation Head of Department
Job Level: Mid-level
Position Type: Full-time staff position
Job Grade: 9
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead is responsible for the design, development and execution of project specific monitoring and evaluation frameworks and utilization of information systems to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts
- S/he will provide day-to-day project management and guidance to the project teams; closely collaborate with the Health Informatics Team, Biostatistics and Surveillance units
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead will ensure that M & E strategies are in line with project deliverables and able to accommodate agile timelines
- Responsibilities include developing M & E frameworks and plans, designing M & E tools to track progress on deliverables, and strengthening data analysis and utilization for decision making
- The M & E lead will be responsible for building the capacity and supporting the professional development of the staff they supervise
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead will report to the Epidemiology, Surveillance and Evaluation Head of Department and will oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists.
Required Educations Skills, and Experience
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant discipline, such as Public Health, Mathematics, Business, Statistics, or International Relations strongly preferred;
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries;
- Firm command of the M & E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs;
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M & E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g. service integration, performance against each funding stream);
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision; strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all M & E activities for assigned projects in collaboration with the project team
- Direct the plan for analysis of data collected for assessment of progress towards project targets and areas of improvement;
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical leads and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt;
- Works with the lead technical staff to integrate M&E functions into overall operations and manages directly the M & E Specialists.
Deadline: 6th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online