Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Finance
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- The Finance Group at Bridge partners with country and global leadership to achieve financial sustainability of our operations and make our mission come true. We provide strategic partnership to global leadership on raising capital and actionable feedback on our financial performance. We are continually focused on judicious use of resources whether for each one of our territories or for the entire organisation.
- Across our rapidly scaling multi-unit enterprise, we provide leadership to build a world-class financial infrastructure. This includes the design and development of financial systems, policies, procedures (taking into account current and fast growing high volume transactions, teams, numbers of geographically distributed business units) and provision of shared services for financial operations by a centralised team specialising in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis.]
About the Role
- We are seeking a Finance Officer who will work closely with the Financial Director to refine how Bridge International Academies approaches financial budgeting, projections, and forecasting.
- The Finance Officer will also help senior executives identify key performance indicators in the business, highlight how the Company can improve operational execution across all divisions, and prepare materials for the Board of Directors highlighting the Company’s strategic and financial direction.
What You Should Have
- At least two years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience in investment banking or corporate finance; should be used to highly rigorous, complex financial analysis
- Undergraduate degree from a top university with exemplary academic achievements; ideally in economics, business, accounting, and/or finance
- Very experienced working with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience working closely with a company to build financial and operating models at a deep level, particularly on a multi-country level
- Extraordinary attention to detail and highly driven, ambitious attitude towards work
- Strategic financial thinker with an eye for identifying metrics that matter for a business
What You Will Do
- Prepare and maintain financial analyses that forecast/project Bridge International Academies’ operational and financial performance
- Work with department heads and senior executives to refine budgeting across the Company
- Continuously work with department heads to identify and evaluate key performance indicators
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure that historical/actual performance is correctly captured and in-sync with the Finance Associate’s work
- Assist senior executives with preparing materials for the Board of Directors and investors
- Think strategically and proactively about Bridge International Academies’ financial direction
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply