Senior Network Engineer Job at Konga Nigeria
Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are searching for a talented, smart, and experienced Network Engineer to join our effervescent team based in the Lagos Head office.The successful applicant will be responsible with administering all network infrastructure across all locations and ensure optimal uptime.
- Develop and support comprehensive network LAN, WAN, wireless and security solutions that meet requirements and integrate into the overall Group network and security architecture.
- Evaluate current network and security systems to propose and implement network system enhancements on Network Switches, Routers, Internet Firewall Services, VPN and other Network Management devices – Defines, designs and implements network and security solutions.
- Create and maintain standard builds/templates and apply advanced network and security engineering and architecture knowledge on complex and diverse problems
- Participate in IT network infrastructure project design, reviews and ensure network architecture goals and requirements are met and aligned with business objectives.
- Work with internal customers and service providers to design, implement and support networks
- Well versed in cloud architectures, software defined networking, data center switching technologies, and securing virtual environments (AWS, Azure, Google desired)
- Assess vendor development/test strategies for various network domain projects.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Background in deploying both bare metal systems and virtual cloud services.
- Proven experience evaluating emerging technologies and incorporating them into existing or new systems
- Support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions
- Develop network and security documentation, including diagrams and work instructions, test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor, as a technical expert and as a participant in a team environment
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Proven ability to accomplish assigned tasks with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated confidence with the ability to present and have conversations
- Establishes best practices through collaboration with IT Security and IT Infrastructure Operations
- Collaborates with IT Security and Client Services toward compliance and auditing
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment.
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum four years’ experience in a system administration and Network architecture
- Team player that has the ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, work hard and have fun
- Able to prioritize, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Extraordinary organizational skills and the ability to follow up on tasks
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong background in cloud and virtualization technologies
- A passion for testing enterprise software products
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience in Wireless deployment and Cloud Deployment.
- Extensive technical knowledge of router protocols and security weakness of these protocols, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Operating Systems and Programming languages, Linux, UNIX, Microsoft.
- Detailed knowledge of the Firewalls and IDS systems configurations in include Cisco PIX, Snort, Cisco IDS, Checkpoint firewalls.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Security Monitoring.
- Reasonable knowledge of Windows, Android, MAC OS X and iOS platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- High standards of quality and personal integrity
- Exposure to Meraki and Monitoring tools technologies is desirable
- Experience and familiarity with JIRA, Jenkins, Bamboo and GitHub
- One or more certifications in Network such as CCNA R/S, CCNP R/S, MCSA
Deadline: 27th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter captured as “SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER”