Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR, Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Study Coordinator
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Open to: All interested Applicants
- To participate in protocol development as may be applicable; prepare documents for submission to the IRBs and other regulatory authorities; oversee study execution in the target population including the youth cohort; and ensure adherence to protocol by all and compliance with applicable laws.
- Regulations, policies and procedural requirements. Perform nursing duties in the clinic.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Explain the purpose and nature of the study to new study participants.
- Answer participants’ questions and concerns.
- Enroll and consent potential study participants.
- Collect participants’ sample, including but not limited to phlebotomy as backup to study staff as needed.
- Work with the laboratory to ensure result collection is completed according to standard operating procedures.
- Provide safety and protection to all participants while collecting and managing data obtained from the participants from the study.
- Oversee planning, scheduling and carrying out of procedures to provide adequate care and treatment of research subjects. Contact volunteers and schedule follow-up appointments as appropriate.
- Enter data for specific visit on CRF; audit records for accuracy, ensure completed CRFs in a timely manner, and support all QA/QC processes.
- Resolve data and record discrepancies identified during in-house reviews.
- Schedule monitoring visits as necessary. Coordinate staff in preparation for monitoring visits.
- Perform periodic review of the regulatory binder to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of human research policies (specifically, subjects of minor age), regulations, standards, and procedures according to GCP guidelines (must pass all relevant CITI modules).
- Prepare protocol-required reports such as Adverse Events (AEs), Continuing Review Reports (CRRs) and other reports as needed. In addition, monitor deadlines of these reports/events.
- Supervise personnel to include, training, work allocation, and problem resolution as may be applicable.
- Track enrollment and loss to follow up statistics and provide weekly summaries of items within the schedule of events (SOE).
- Assess vital signs of the participants.
- Perform cervical cancer screening of female participants using the speculum, visual inspection with acetic acid (VIA), HPV specimen collection as backup to study staff as needed.
- Triage participants at the clinic as needed.
- Oversee and coordinate recruitment, care, and treatment of research subjects and liaise with other internal departments and external collaborators.
- Oversee study-related activities such as chart preparation, protocol trainings, SOP development, preparation of relevant study forms and labels.
- Audit clinical study records: compare case report forms with source documents; review other study relevant files.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree (or Diploma) in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Must have successfully completed the CITI Group 3 Modules with at least 80% score in each module.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience including 2 years in supervisory position.
- Experience in clinical research including informed consent procedures.
- Hands-on experience and responsibility in research study implementation
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration Registered by Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (with current practicing license).
Knowledge and skills:
- A good understanding of principles of research ethics and GCP
- Working understanding of IRB and protocol implementation, monitoring, and reporting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective communication and counselling skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, to prioritize and organize competing workloads and yet retain sufficient flexibility to respond to new circumstances rapidly
- Attention to detail and systematic approach to the work.
- Leadership skills and team-building abilities
- Training in research ethics, including Human Subjects Protection
- Protocol specific trainings
- Knowledge of scientific writing and presentation skills is desired
- Familiarity and experience working with computer programs such as Microsoft office suite and adobe acrobat.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos. The venue of the interview will be communicated and candidates invited for interview will be responsible for their transportation and accommodation.
Deadline: 3rd February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the “Job Title” on the Subject of the mail.