Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client, an independent Oil and Gas operator with head office in Lagos and field operations in Delta and Rivers State, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: AutoCAD Draftsman
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits.
- Seamlessly integrating and working with project managers design consultants, and sub-contractors, to produce and alter drawings.
- Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings that work.
- Creating and continually updating project drawings lists.
- Printing various formats of drawing sets for project managers and site superintendents.
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings on our CAD server; keeping the server organized; updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made.
- Exhaustively reviewing and checking sketches and drawings for errors, before being sent to architects, sub- contractors, project managers, etc.
- Seeking clarity and understanding from engineers and project managers when you are not 100% certain of something.
- Organizing and uploading drawings to web-based storage sites/collaboration project sites to share drawings with project and subcontractors.
- Create, edit, and update standard details for use in projects.
- Creating and altering construction sketches.
- Ongoing drawing focused collaboration with project managers and design consultants.
- Printing of CAD drawings in various formats and packages and delivering them to the correct contact in a timely manner.
- Must be able to draw civil buildings, structural drawings, GEA drawings of electrical, mechanical, civil, piping relating to power plants,
- Must be able to draw plans, elevations, cross sectional view of buildings and Equipment.
- Minimum 5-year experience in a CAD Operator role.
- Outstanding fluency and skill within the AutoCAD program.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, comprehension, and feedback.
- A two-year Degree in Computer Aided Drafting / A Diploma in any Engineering course (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Petro-chemical).
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- The ability to think critically, innovate, and solve challenging technical problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times.
- Willingness to work both at the site and in the office.
- Mental and emotional fitness.
Salary and Benefits
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online