Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then.
At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Manager
- The Facilities Manager is to oversee all facility related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
- The goal is to ensure the space is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, elevator, electricity etc.) and refurbishments.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Supervise all facilities staff (janitors, technicians, etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- In co-operation with the Fire Service, to be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all firefighting and fire alarm systems.
- To initiate and record regular fire drills.
- To monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used within the School and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and sign posted.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the school’s risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessments are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements.
- To be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all premises-related mechanical, electrical, and other plant.
- To review electricity and water usage
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- To be responsible for the overall security arrangements of the premises including ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems.
- To be responsible for the upkeep of playing fields, gardens, all weather surfaces and to ensure the maintenance of boundaries, footpaths, roads and rights of way within the school premises.
- To be responsible for the letting of the school premises to outside organizations and school staff, and for the development of all school facilities for out-of-school use ensuring high level of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implied and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies and equipment and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard.
- To be responsible for the line management of all premises and ground maintenance staff, to include participating in their recruitment and selection, identifying their training needs and drawing up their programme of work.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable school rules, regulations, legislation and procedures.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the school.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management, Engineering or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in a good school.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking.
Deadline: 7th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail