Karisa Consults Limited is an emerging management consulting firm that specialise in Agribusiness brokerage, Agric trading, Recruitment, Professional background Check Services, Research, Management training as well as Agricultural Training. We provide Management Consulting services to clients in the private and public sector within and outside Nigeria.
Our clients include start-ups, small and medium enterprises as well as multinationals and industry leaders in key sectors of the Nigerian and African regional economies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Agronomist (Cotton)
Locations: Zamfara, Sokoto, Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Niger, Gombe, Bauchi, Biu – Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and Taraba
- Bachelor’s Degree or M.Sc in Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant Breeding, Crop Sciences, Horticulture and any other related professional qualification.
Competence Essential Desirable:
- Ability to create and follow schedules
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Language Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Team working skills
- 2 to 3 years working experiences in Agriculture field.
- Conducts experiments or investigations in field-crop problems and develops new methods of growing crops to secure more efficient production, higher yield, and improved quality
- Plans and carries out breeding studies at experiment stations or farms to develop and improve varieties of field crops, such as cotton, or cereal with respect to characteristics, such as yield, quality, adaptation to specific soils or climates, and resistance to diseases and pests.
- Selection of farmer for demo plots , conducting meeting/seminar and communication of Agronomic best management practices to farmers
- Advisory/Training to farmers in meetings/crop shows/ exhibitions and personal visit
- Local face to lias with university/extension agencies/NGO and Govt officials
- Developments and communication of Promotional activities programs
- Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
- Managing the distribution of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs to farmers while conducting extension activities
- Arranging the effective distribution of advertisement material to farmers in villages.
- Maintaining and updating farmer’s databases;
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions in rural market.
- Conducting farmer’s survey in villages and data analysis.
- Participating and evaluating marketing campaigns;
- Monitoring competitor promotional and campaign activity;
- Supporting the marketing team and other colleagues.
Deadline: 29th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.