Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into the this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Subsea Specialist (Expatriate)
1.) HSE Commitment:
At all times, the Service holder will:
- Lead HSE commitment to Company Policy and Standards
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
- Actively lead Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
2.) Ethics And Compliance:
In undertaking this role, the Service holder will:
- Ensure contractors respect Company E&P referential standards
- Control and manage communication, in particular in case of high risk and emergency situations
- Ensure Company regulations and best industry practice is followed to ensure safe and cost effective operations.
- Adapt to changes in work practices and Service activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate at all times
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the Service
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all time.
- Generate Drilling & Completion Service programs & ensure full compliance to company rules before implementation.
- Provide specialized technical Support to Deepwater DCSIs & Supervisor(s) as required
- Preparation, planning, optimisation, execution and follow up of the subsea operations
- Optimize operations and rig equipment in relation with engineering, geology, contractors and reservoir entities
- Ensure management of change document is prepared by DCD teams & approved before implementation
- Liaise with other entities for studies, engineering input and details required for preparation of well program, plans and contingencies.
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of reference and ensure the reliability of technical information
- Ensure the suitability to operational requirements of personnel, equipment and services.
- Enhance Subsea equipment design and operational procedures to optimize safety and efficiency
- Follow up of proposed CONTRACTOR project maintenance schedule, optimization of equipment maintenance requirements to enable delivery of “fit for purpose” equipment.
- Provides Onne technical team support; review and delivery of periodic maintenance procedures for scheduled and preventative maintenance activities.
Context And Environment
- Deepwater environment with high cost exposure – 1.4MUSD/day rig rate,
- Transverse activities across all the disciplines within DCD (Drilling; Fluids; Wells & Intervention, GSR).
- Guarantee the accomplishment of the drilling and/or completion and/or work-over operations, in compliance with codes of practice, safety and environmental protection, all while optimizing costs and lead times
- Contribute to the return on Exploration & Production investments, through a continual search for the improving equipment, services and operational procedures
- Perform drilling and completion Service program review and ensure best practices are utilized
- Support interventions on subsea assets including all documentation/programs involving XT, Tubing Hangers completions and ROV intervention Services with all the associated running tools.
- Coordinate necessary meetings between services companies and rig contractor
- Ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with programs, HSE requirements and Company rules.
- Perform complex technical studies and troubleshooting problems for operations.
- Follow up rig operations including regular rig visits; monthly HSE meetings at the rig site and CWOP meetings.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Initial formal Education: Bachelor’s of Engineering / Tech or diplomas
- Professional Experience (number of years): Minimum 8 years Rig Experience/Operator
- Good communications skills are a bonus.
Job Title: Field Medic – Offshore (Expatriate)
- Works under the technical authority of the ‘Head of Emergency and Field Support’/CMO and the hierarchical authority of the Site Manager (OIM)
- Ensures the provision of high standard Medicare on site for all personnel in accordance with Company guidelines;
- Manages medical care, hygiene matters and advises the OIM on health matters;
- Ensure 24/7 operational availability and first line response for medical emergencies: stabilizes and conditions patient for Medevac with the support of the ‘Head of Emergency and Field Support’/CMO.
Service Contents/Problem Solving (Activities)
1) Routine care consisting in:
- Carrying out routine nursing care and procedures;
- Carrying out consultations, drug delivery and minor procedures within his competence under supervision and support of “Head Emergency & Field support”/CMO;
- Handling medical equipment and pharmacy in the sick-bay (equipment maintenance follow-up, stock management for drugs…), paying special attention to emergency preparedness;
- Referring patients who require further attention after consultation with the “Head Emergency & Field support”;
- Documenting consultation outcome in the individual patient medical folder;
2) Emergency care consisting in:
- Carrying out 24/7 immediate initial assessment and stabilization upon arrival of any patient with critical condition;
- Immediate reporting to “Head Emergency & Field support”/CMO and initiation of the Medevac/Medrescue process in accordance with the Company Medical Evacuation Plan (PLN-HSE/GEN-M09-54);
- Coordinating the First Aid/Stretcher Team for emergency evacuation;
- Initiates, when the situation warrants, the Multiple Casualty Plan:
- Triage and Medevac prioritization procedure using the adequate form (referring to Affiliate’s medical Evacuation Plan: PLN- HSE/GEN-M09-54);
- Psychological support to IP and all personnel on board;
- Ensuring that proper medical resources (drugs, disposables and equipment) are available and operational 24/7;
- Conducting weekly First Aid training for the Stretcher Team;
- Carrying out a weekly exercise (single casualty) with Stretcher Team and a large-scale multiple casualty exercise involving the OIM on a quarterly basis.
- Conducting with HSE Advisor the weekly hygiene visits in accordance with Company rule;
- Conducting Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) procedure with the Camp Boss;
- Ensuring that food samples are systematically collected;
- Carrying out regular and random inspections of catering and food chain;
- Checking water quality through regular samplings;
- Providing hygiene education for all Catering personnel and checking personal hygiene;
- Ensuring that all catering personnel have valid medical certificate;
- Supervising pest control in catering and accommodation areas,
- Carrying out a weekly inspection in the living quarters together with the Campboss, the GMC Utility and HSE Supervisors;
- Managing medical waste in accordance with company rule;
- Reporting to OIM/RSES
- Induction of all new personnel on board upon their arrival:
- Opening individual medical folders (with details of medical history, chronic condition and routine medication if any…)
- Checking validity of the AMC and recording the Fitness Certificate;
- Raising awareness on hygiene, pest control and prevention of infectious diseases including malaria.
- Providing the OIM and the CMO with the monthly activity report and yearly statistics using established templates;
- Keeping up-to-date medical activity records;
- Alerting immediately the OIM, the “Head Emergency & Field support”/CMO of any epidemiologic event (contagious diseases, food poisoning…)
- Attending HSE meetings.
Context And Environment:
- The Medic on site is the representative of the CMO on matters of health and hygiene and looks up to the ‘Head of Emergency and Field Support’ for technical direction.
- Giving relevant information, while maintaining medical confidentiality, to Site Manager and his Management Team
- A difficulty can arise from unrealistic or unreasonable expectation and demands.
- 24/7 availability and prompt and efficient response to emergencies;
- Conducts the routine consultations on site;
- Maintains good level of Hygiene in catering and accommodation areas;
- Mobilizes and trains an efficient stretcher team.
- Familiarizes self with COMPANY emergency procedures, carries out assigned responsibilities safely and reports any incident, unsafe act or operation;
- Ensures all personnel under his supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring to check compliance.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Registered general Nurse;
- Certified and registered Nurse Anesthetist or Registered Accident and Emergency nurse;
- 5 Years’ post-CRNA / A&E qualification experience required;
- Valid BLS/ACLS/ATLS certifications;
- Basic Computer + office Knowledge;
Deadline: 20th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV ASAP to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This position is open to only Expatriates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.