Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Technician
Location: Abuja with frequent travel to surrounding states
Language: English and Hausa
Start Date: Immediate
- The Solar Technician is in charge of troubleshooting the field issues reported by the end-customers regarding the solar home system kit (battery box, router, torch, radio, lamps, PV panel etc.).
- The role requires the service technician to train the customer agents on the products operation and installation, additionally he will be the first point of contact for the customer and will be providing support and guidance regarding the solar system kit.
- Troubleshoot various solar system to identify problems
- Be the first point of contact for Rural Spark’s distribution partner regarding field technical issues
- Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical systems and solar equipment
- Provide remote/on-site guidance and support to distribution partner
- Provide customer/installer trainings, and advise customers concerning equipment operation
- Prepare accurate documentation and required reports of work performed and parts used
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve customer experience
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Solar Energy
- Experience with and/or an understanding of solar energy systems
- Hands-on experience and understanding of electronic system and components: AC – DC, Power supply, loads, inverters and transformers.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic circuit/PCB handling, troubleshooting, component soldering, electronic equipment’s installation and cabling
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical measurement and troubleshooting tools: Multimeter and Oscilloscope.
- Experience with electronic devices repair like mobile phones or other PCB based devices
- Basic knowledge of PC serial communication, Microcontrollers and Firmware Loading
- Effective communication skills in English and local languages
- Position requires regular travel within Nigeria
- Proficient with basic computer software and online platforms (Word, Excel, Dropbox, Outlook/Email)
- Good communication and customer service skills.
Job Title: General Manager (Rice Mill)
Locations: Taraba and Abuja
- Monitor product standard
- Ensure safe operation of the rice mill
- Plan budget for the rice mill operation
- Manage stock control & reconciliation
- Coordinate and control rice milling processes
- Draw up production and maintenance schedules
- Ensure compliance with health & safety standards
- Ensure timely, quality and cost-effective production
- Ensure optimal use of machines for quality rice production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in milling rice
- Identify training needs and develops training plans for the rice milling team
- Control all aspects for rice transfer, handling, milling, bulk storage and packing
- Review instructions covering grade and amount of rice to be milled, and plan operations accordingly.
- Observe milling process, examine rice, and issue instructions for adjustment of machinery to maintain quality and quantity of product
- Issue instructions for adjusting shelling-stones, rice hullers, rice-cleaning machine, rice grader, rice polishing equipment, reel, scalping machine and other milling machinery.
- Supervise coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating machines to grind, crush, mix, and blend materials to make batches of clay for pressing into clay products.
- Masters degree in Engineering, or Food Science.
- Minimum often (10) years experience in rice milling and other milling operations,
- Must be experienced with the use of husk fire boiler, dryers and parboiling tanks.
- Must be conversant with the whole process of rice milling operations, ranging from parboiling. steaming, polishing, grading, sorting, etc.
- Experienced with operating silos.
- In-depth knowledge of milling and packaging equipment and systems including, maintenance activities.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and sustain new processes and procedures.
Job Title: Shea Processing Factory Worker
Location: Bida, Niger
Slot: 3 Openings
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience of working with a factory that processes shea butter.
- Nationality: Open to All nationalities
Job Title: Agronomist (Palm Farm)
Location: Bida, Niger
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years work experience
Job Title: Agronomist (Rice)
We are looking to hire a Specialized Agronomist required for a Rice Farm in Niger State. The Agronomist will report and support the General Manager, on farming Operations to deliver on targets for land development, cultivation, harvesting, crop yields, seed production and new variety development, and must be able to manage 50 hectares and deliver 6-8 tons per hectare.
- Agrochemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations
- Insect, weed & disease monitoring / diagnostics
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid / variety selection recommendations
- Ensure that accurate farm records are maintained on a plot by plot basis
- Ensure farming best practices as well as health and safety standards are adhered to
- Data-driven decision making focused on improving agronomic practices, and crop yields.
- Support the training and development of entire farming team, with an emphasis on mechanized rice farming
- Support in overseeing day-to-day farm operations, and managing the farming team towards delivering target results
- Seed and rice paddy production planning including budgeting cost to cost seed production, quality management etc.
- Actively investigate and apply new technologies and processes that will enhance the efficiency of seed and paddy production
- Support the development and implementation of annual farm plan and budget, reflecting optimal utilization of all machinery and personnel
- Field selection, Crop Management (adopting good agronomic practices), Water use efficiency (WUE); Nutrient management and Crop Protection (pest and disease)
- Develop, monitor and implement company standards: i.e., isolation, pest and disease control, seed purity, germination, pollination and weed control in order to assure seed and paddy quality standard.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Extension or any other related courses
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.