BlueSlip Limited – Our client, a Business School, is recruiting for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lecturer
- Promote and represent the Institution both internally and externally
- Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making and communication with lecturer and students
- Responsible and accountable for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Department in line with the Organisation strategic plans and direction
- Leadership and Management
Ensure the best possible student experience through:
- Refreshing and developing new programme in order to attract new students and markets
- Ensure the fulfillment of the institutions responsibilities concerning students in respect of their admission, instruction, progress and examination / assignments.
Qualifications and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- An MBA from any prestigious institution
- 7 – 15 years relevant work experience
- Project Management skill is an added advantage
- Ability to create and manage a curriculum
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Preferably Female
- Can also play a students support role
- Create and exploit new opportunities for knowledge transfer activity in order to secure additional income streams and new areas of teaching and/or research
- Contribute to University – wide initiatives in order to improve understanding and communication of this area
- People Management
- Ensure that lecturer performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with the expectations of MSBM, and that fair workload allocation processes are in place
- Ensure all lecturer have access to the necessary support to enable them to contribute fully and develop their skills and experience
- Engender a culture of excellence, co-operation and respect both within and beyond the department
- Make effective use of all lecturing resources and seek opportunities for collaboration and joint working with others beyond the department and beyond the Faculty
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for both lecturer and students, and full compliance with health and safety requirements
- Ensure all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement: such procedures will include teaching, research and management of all resources
- Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external
Development of Academic / Research:
- Continue to develop one´s position as a leading academic researcher; including publication, securing of external funding and the pursuit of other relevant indicators of standing in the field
- Give due consideration to ways of retaining connections with teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Give due consideration as a role model for other lecturer in the pursuit of academic excellence
Deadline: 28th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- The candidate will be required to do any other work which we consider as appropriate in view of the qualifications of the candidate.