Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions – as part of a global community committed to lasting change. Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Contract Role: 9 months
- Our mission is to build the world’s biggest movement of Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change. So far, more than 24 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $48 billion commitments from world leaders, which are set to affect 880 million lives by 2030.
- Fuelled by entertainment, our ‘Pop-meets-Policy’ positioning engages and educates a broad audience, making activism accessible for all. We reach and cultivate Millennials and Gen Zs through our forward-thinking content platform and products, rewards, events, marketing campaigns and partnerships. 2020 is a critical year in Global Citizen’s mission and we are looking for strong marketers to help shape and deliver our biggest, global campaign yet, “Global Goal Live”. Set to be the largest cause event in history; Global Goal Live will see major festivals taking place on seven countries on 26th September 2020 and captured on a 10 hour, global broadcast.
- As Marketing Manager you will lead on launching Global Citizen in Nigeria, growing our Nigerian audience and delivering the Global Goal Live Nigeria marketing campaign end-to-end.
- You will shape the organization’s profile in the Nigerian market, and communicate our brand through Global Goal Live, incentive-led marketing (Rewards Program), partnerships, brand and issue related campaigns, events and other marketing activity.
- 5 years+ of Marketing experience (agency, lifestyle brand, media, music industry, digital, start up a plus)
- Proficiency in English
- A marketer at heart: Excellent oral communication and copywriting skills with an eye for design and the ability to pitch Global Citizen, meet new partners, sell our organisation, engage social influencers etc.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in paid marketing strategies, social ads and influencer marketing strategies that drive growth and engagement
- Self-starter who can work independently and with international teams based outside of your market. Highly organised and proactive.
- Digitally fluent across all social platforms
- Not afraid of data and analytics
- Strong market and cultural knowledge with a passion for and potentially experience in local music, culture, sport and entertainment and an interest in social advocacy
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative, dynamic team culture
- Positive and driven, curious and creative about learning new ways to approach marketing with ‘outside of the box’ thinking for Global Citizen
- Proficient at managing and maximising budgets and resources
- We are looking for a driven and highly organised marketing manager with 5+ years integrated and digital experience. In the day to day, you will work closely with the Global marketing team to shape and tailor the Nigerian Global Goal Live marketing campaign, and collaborate with the Nigerian and South African cross-departmental teams as you execute on and offline marketing campaigns.
- You will report into the Senior International Marketing Manager, with a dotted line to the Country Manager for Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for regularly communicating growth numbers and performances of your market to global HQ and ensure that your marketing outputs are effectively supporting overall team activities to continuously reach growth targets.
Launch Global Citizen in Nigeria:
- Grow the Nigerian Global Citizen audience – reaching set targets for new member acquisition and engagement
- Plan, coordinate and execute the marketing strategy for Global Goal Live in Nigeria; ensuring it is truly local whilst still supporting the global strategy and objectives
- Have holistic oversight of marketing in Nigeria, working closely with email, social, content, product, PR, comms, creative and project management departments
- Develop strategies to fill large-scale Nigerian festival venue, working with relevant teams
- Oversight of all creative assets in market and localisation of global tools and assets
- Oversight of marketing budget in Nigeria to execute paid media spanning OOH, radio, print, digital, social and other marketing activities such as stunts
- Negotiation and delivery of in-kind and barter deals for paid media in Nigeria, building key local partnerships
- Support the expansion of Global Citizen’s Rewards platform in Nigeria; leveraging to drive recruitment and retention
- Recommend and implement strategic marketing partnerships that support growth goals including working with festivals, events, influencers and media partners
- Maximise existing global relationships and partnerships to benefit your local needs
- Work closely with local broadcasters to leverage their channels and involvement with Global Goal Live
- Monitor the metrics of programs, collect and analyse social and digital insights, reporting metrics internally where required
- Conduct market research and compile findings to inform local activities
- Implement and execute Influencer strategies to increase the branding and reach of Global Citizen Nigeria
- Improve touch points across the customer journey of the Nigerian website in close cooperation with the content and product teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Global Citizen does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.