Aldelia Group is a world leader in Permanent and Contract Staffing and Payroll Solutions services, a specialist Oil & Gas, Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria, our major Oil Exploration and Production companies including ENI, Shell, TOTAL, Petrobras and Odebrecht.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Sales Development Executive
Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt-Rivers and Maiduguri-Borno
- The Retail Sales Development Executive acts as the company’s representative in the designated territory, oversees the affairs and interest of the company, in terms of marketing, business development, brand protection as well as acting as a liasion officer between the company and relative agencies.
Product Volume / Margin:
- Pursues business results with regards to sales volume and gross margin per product
- Ensures product availability and the product pump availability is guaranteed
- Monitors retail stations in area of product quality, product price and customer service
- Apply the Customer Excellence program and make sure that the appearance, the cleanliness and the attractiveness of the service stations are in good condition
- Monitors customers’ working capital balances and ensures credit is within the approved limits.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine company’s position relative to the competition in the area. 30
Portal Administration/ Retail Management:
- Daily Portal update with station details on stock, sales, payments, consumables, delivery confirmation etc.
- Check all customers’ accounts both on Portal and SAP for possible corrections, where need arise such as (partial shipment, wrong debit/credit, unknown charges, etc.)
- Daily reconciliation of accounts and communicate the outcome to the retailers.
- Prompt execution of daily Itinerary
- Prospect and develop a new business to meet your target daily.
- Be a respected consultant for retailers and consumer clients
- Have good knowledge of the Retailers P&L & advise on business improvement ideas in the area of cost reduction.
- Organise technical lubricants analysis and training in cooperation with the Lubricants Unit. 20
Business Development, Behavioural & Leadership:
- Develop sales strategies and tactics to increase market share and ensure profitable growth.
- Generates new business ideas for profitable growth
- Act as a champion for Retailer-Owned-Retailer-Operated investments in the area.
- Prepares annual sales report based on product-volume plans (outlet by outlet).
- Updates customers’ database in the designated areas of coverage.
- Optimize the potentials of existing retail outlet base via regular training of relevant personnel
- Conduct training for pump-attendants and retailers. 20
- Maintain an effective control system and ensure security of company assets
- Manage movement of company assets and keep an up to date documentation.
- Make sure that the assets in the area (PP&E) matches with what is recorded physically in the books
- Issue request for write-offs whenever needed.
- Ensures a reliable and safe operation of the Retail network facilities in the area making sure that SHE objectives are met.
- Creates a safety culture among Retailers, Pump-attendants, customers, consumer clients and transporters
- In-time reporting of Bulk Sales Report and other marketing info as agreed with the line manager. 15
- Bachelors Degree in Management Sciences or Arts or Engineering or Sciences
- Masters Degree or professional qualifications in marketing or business management/ administration would be an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Product Knowledge
- Creative thinking
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Account Management
- Negotiation & Influencing Skills
- Receivables Management
- Networking & Relationship Management
- Analytical Skill
- Problem-solving and Decision-making Skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Must have at least three (3) years work experience in sales and marketing (especially down stream oil and gas)
- Experience in retail marketing is an added advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Upload sales information on portal
- Quantity of litres sold
- Profit achieved
- No of Market Surveys Conducted
- Prompt submission of reports
- No of trainings conducted
- Sales volume as against objective
- Non fuel Revenue Earnings
- Achievement of credit rating (>95%)
- Prompt submission of Reports (DAPS, SMA and Monthly statements).
- Daily visit of at least 2 outlets per day
- Timely review of stocks at the outlets to ensure customer/company accounts are properly kept.
- Prompt response to customer needs and challenges.
- Periodic training of retailers/CSAs on product knowledge and international best practices.
Deadline: 21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.