IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Security Monitoring
- In this role, you will contribute towards overall reduction of information security (IS) – related incidents by coordinating internal and third – party resources for continuous monitoring and identification of threats to end – user applications, networks, systems, and other access routes to other assets (including prevention / detection, email / spam filtering, web filtering).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure intelligent reporting and fine-tuning of file integrity monitor, Network Access Control (NAC), firewall and Security Operations Centre (SOC) rules.
- Network with other internal organizations to ensure coordination of compliance efforts.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security policies, standards, and baselines.
- Provide support for the monitoring team as well as security incident and events management solution logging requirements and integration.
- Keep abreast of new / revised or improved security solutions, processes and development of new threats and attack vectors.
- Keep abreast of SOC regulatory standards.
- Participate in the deployment of tested security patches and updates.
- Conduct security tool selection, pilot and implementation.
- Maintain SOC awareness program.
- Create scenario-based risk intelligent rules.
- Ensure that sufficient trails are maintained, retained and retrievable for forensic analysis and investigation.
- Implement logging policies across different layers of systems and across enterprise platforms.
- Create intelligent alerting based on risk scenarios.
- Implement and manage log retention policy across multiple platform and systems.
- Review logs / alerts (closed-opened) and reports of all in-place security and infrastructural devices.
- Direct scheduling and ad-hoc security and compliance reporting.
- Monitor team members for alerts tracking.
- Communicate SOC action plans and security bulletins.
- Identify, investigate and resolve security breaches detected by installed security solutions.
- Make suggestions to implement projects that increase security and ensure the highest quality of service.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- IT Operations
- Incident Management
- Security Assessments
- Security Monitoring & Reporting
- Vulnerability Lifecycle Management
- Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Business Communication
- Security Solutions Deployment
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any related disciplines.
- +7 years’ relevant experience in IS, with at least 4 years in security monitoring and solutions deployment.
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with network security and networking technologies as well with systems, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Demonstrable familiarity with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures), and network / web-related protocols.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Deadline: 19th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online