Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Life Insurance Underwriter (Assistant Manager)
Location: Head Office, Lagos
- Ensure quality underwriting and claims management for all classes of Life Insurance, prompt and error-free documentation of policies to achieve superior customer service delivery.
- First Degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower Degree) in Insurance, Actuarial Science or any related field
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Candidate must be an Associate of CIIN
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in Life insurance underwriting and claims management.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of NAICOM guidelines and methodologies for achieving compliance
- Demonstrable understanding of the life underwriting concepts, principles, practices, and procedures
- Proven Insurance Underwriting Skills
- Confident decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of life insurance policies
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications most especially in Microsoft Excel tool.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with brokers to ensure service goals are met
- Day-to-day underwriting operations by establishing priorities, adjusting quotes when necessary, to have competitive edge over other industry players while ensuring adherence to laid down underwriting standards.
- Conduct underwriting audits and other technical quality review programs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared and obtain approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price.
- Actively manage team to deliver timely, high quality and profitable services to assigned marketer/Broker.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers in order to attract, develop and retain profitable businesses.
- Participate with senior management in department and business unit-wide initiatives around product development, processes, underwriting policy and strategy; recommend/implement changes to improve productivity, profitability and business growth.
- Assessing, gathering background information & forming opinion on insurance proposals
- Liaise with other departments to resolve issues and create business efficiencies
- Establish and manage departmental business processes.
- Interfacing with actuarial consultant on technical matters
- Preparing NAICOM monthly, quarterly, half-yearly & annual report
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online