Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Project Lead
Job ID: sfh-53607
Job Type: Full Time
- The Deputy Project Lead will be responsible for providing oversight for the programmatic and administrative coordination of the Project strategies for implementation.
- S/He will support the strategic development of plans and innovative approaches to suit the local context in line with the overall project design.
- Develop work plans for key programme activities and ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
- Coordinate the field implementation approach of the project and lead the field team in achieving set deliverables.
- Represent the project and SFH at relevant technical working or general group meetings
- Coordinate the adaptation and development of training curricula and capacity building guides for field personnel.
- Coordinate the supervision of field personnel to address skill and capacity gaps as well as address local challenges.
- To provide support for routinely conducted quality assurance activities to ensure and guide adherence to project approaches.
- Support the MIS team in the follow-up and tracking of project related indicators recorded at the health facility, in community, across the social media and mobile technology platforms, etc.
- Coordinate the timely procurement and dispatch of relevant project equipment, assets, tools and materials required for program and field implementation.
- Lead and participate in the process of developing evidence-based tools and materials required to implement the DISC project.
- Support the project team in developing the Nigerian specific strategic implementation plan in line with the overall project design.
- Develop an advocacy strategy for engagement with key stakeholders to leverage, disseminate project findings and overall sustainability of project approach, etc.
- Provide support to the marketing social media team in the deployment of the projects social media and digital mobile technology platform as required for implementation.
- Perform other programmatic, operational and admin functions as assigned by the Project Lead.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a degree in Health, Biological, Social Sciences. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of eight (8)’ experience which should include three (3)years’ experience in a leadership responsibility in the health development sector
- Experience of grants/contracts management in an NGO is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate leadership experience in coaching and mentoring staff.
- Has experience working and collaborating with government health ministries and agencies, technical and implementing partners, donor agencies, etc
Skills and competency required:
- Good program management skills
- Problem-solving and innovation skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good leadership and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- High level of integrity.
Deadline: 1st April 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online