Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cluster Communications Head
Job ID: 293524BR
Business Unit: AMAC
Functional Area: Communications & Public Affairs
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
- Develop and lead the implementation of a “One Novartis” Communications program for the Cluster, ensuring alignment with the SSA Communications program and strategy.
- Lead and build the communications strategy and capabilities for the Cluster; to anticipate and manage risk to Novartis reputation; advise Cluster Leadership Team (LT) of reputational risk associated with specific activity.
- Build, monitor and evaluate the performance of the Communication function in the Cluster, to achieve and maintain best-in-class performance, while being fully consistent with the evolving legal, regulatory and compliance environment.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of global communication policies and procedures in all countries in the Cluster.
- Ensure full adherence to P3 principles and ethical behaviours
- Role model ethical behaviours, exercise good judgement and principles-based decision-making
- Create a trust-based environment that motivates associates to do their best
- Represent the Communications function in key meetings and events
- Represent Novartis in relevant external associations, conferences, meetings etc. to advocate and build Novartis Africa brand across the Cluster
- Lead the successful implementation of all external and/or internal communications activities in key projects and programs for the Cluster.
- Develop and implement internal and/or external communications activities in key projects and programs for the Cluster.
- Provide expertise in a broad knowledge of several diverse areas (Internal Communications, Media Relations, Social Media, Corporate Affairs, Stakeholder Engagement).
- Counsel Cluster LT (and other key leaders) in all aspects of communications, select media spokespeople, conduct media training, and develop communications messages around key programs and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders such as media, patient groups and patients, etc. and ensure consistency of Novartis brand and market position in all communications.
- Represent Communications the Cluster LT Meetings and all relevant internal and external meetings, boards, events, etc.
- Leadership within the Cluster LT: Influence across the business and beyond the Communications function, by sharing best practices, expertise and experience to shape Cluster strategy, innovation and initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or other relevant subject
- Fluent English mandatory.
Required Experience/ Skills/ Competence:
- +5 years of relevant experience
- Comfort in working in (and regularly travelling in) Sub-Saharan Africa
- Comfort in collaborating with multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to deal with high level of ambiguity
- Effective in leading across multiple countries, cultures, languages
- Healthcare industry exposure
- Operational Excellence
- Digital and Tech Savvy
- Business and Patient Mindset
- Leading Change
- Stakeholder Engagement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online