A leading 3 Star Hotels within the Abuja Municipal Ares Council as part of its growth plan, is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Manager
- The Job Holder will have responsibility to oversee and manage the hotel’s daily affairs in accordance with the hotel’s mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction and staff development with established quality standards.
- The Job Holder will drive innovation, develop processes towards achieving higher brand promotion and customer loyalty.
- The Job Holder will ensure the promotion and utilization of relevant hotel technology that is aimed at maximising efficiency as well as improving results.
- The Job Holder will define and implement effective marketing strategy that is capable of optimising patronage, financial position and well and improving the brand recognition of the hotel within the immediate municipality.
- Must employ relevant strategies including the application and use of social media tools to promote activity and creative targeted awareness.
- The position is aimed at providing the best service and optimising guest experience to customers from start to finish.
- Deploy all effective and professional strategies to ensure guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Developing brand improvement strategies in a manner that guarantees higher patronage profitability and operational efficiency.
- Take responsibility of planning and executing effective room pricing strategies in accordance with industry standards and realization of month and quarterly targets.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal and external audits) as well as ensuring strict compliance to occupational, health and safety standards, fire regulations and other standards for the effective management of guest expectations.
- Corporate client handling and taking part in new client acquisition along with sales team whenever required.
- Ensure that all decisions are made in the best interest of the Hotel and Management.
- And any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Management.
- Act as the chief operating officer of the hotel with immediate responsibility of enforcing short and medium terms operational decisions, disciplinary actions on staffs, driving targets, preparation and presentation of monthly financial report, enforcing operational business decisions, budget planning and the overall execution of monthly operations plan for the Hotel.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for rooms, food and beverages, admin and general are on target and accurate.
- Ensure the effective management of all procurement of operating supplies, equipment and 3rd party services with the purpose of ensuring 100% uptime of core and ancillary services of the Hotel.
- Take responsibility in managing and enforcing human resource objectives and policies of the Hotel.
- Coordinating, overseeing and managing all departments and service units as well as working closely with them on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the hotel and its operations.
Technical and Behavioural Competences
- Self-motivated, and demonstrating huge capacity of being disciplined enough to effectively run the hotel.
- Demonstrate a natural inclination to strive towards success.
- Innovative to adapt quickly and effectively to the competitive nature of the hospitality industry.
- Empathetic and supportive, not only to their guests but also to their staff members.
- A good listener who know when to take action and provide solutions.
- Highly organised and able to see through responsibility even under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or relevant field
- A minimum of 5-years experience in hotel management or similar role
- Be fluent in both spoken and written English, while being experienced in using MS
Deadline: 15th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter not more than 2 pages to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: The cover letter should among other things describe their fit to the job roles and requirements.