Lateejay Nigeria Limited is a 100% Nigerian company dedicated to indigenous content development, and providing the Nigerian oil and gas industry with the essential local participation and increased local content that it lacks. Our comprehensive suite of services has been specifically designed to make your job easier.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Bid / Contract Administrator
Summary of Functions
- Bid management; contract management; proposal oversight, contract negotiations and contract termination. Understands the company’s policies and procedures, interests and strategic planning as well as laws and rules governing contracts.
- Provides specialist advice and guidance on contracting and related issues. Responsible for providing assistance with activities concerned with contracts for sale of equipment, materials or services.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Experience Required: 3-5 years
- A good university first degree in Social Sciences is required
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills
- Good Business Writing & Reporting Skills
- Good Relational and Interpersonal Skills.
- Good Team Spirit
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Strong Quantitative Skills i.e. Statistics & Data Analysis Skills
- Good Reasoning skills;
- Good Multi-tasking & Organizational Skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
- Exhibits Initiative and Proactive
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Client Relationship Management
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparation of bids and ensures conformity to tender requirements.
- Responsible for compiling data for preparing estimates; examining performance requirements, delivery schedules, estimates cost of materials, equipment, and production to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Develops and updates pricing spreadsheet models and pricing charts.
- Drafting required documents to accomplish proper contract administration, and answering Management queries.
- Participates in bid selection, establishes evaluation criteria, and analyzes bids to determine company’s suitability and responsiveness and advice where otherwise.
- Maintains conformed copies of tender documentation within organizational responsibility.
- Advises relevant departments on documentation for company projects as per contractual obligations. Works closely with the respective departments to implement and ensure the fulfillment of contracts needs.
- Assists in providing business advice and guidance to others on contracting work and prepare correspondence that supports contractual actions and recommendations.
- Review project plans to assure performance is measured against plans.
- Collate and compute weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual data on contracts quotes and actual spend. Prepares monthly status reports, summaries and other correspondence.
- Bid Preparation, Submission and Reporting- Liaising between the company and NIPEX, Client or other relevant bodies on project bids, applications and tender in the upstream sector of the industry.
- Ensure that all proposals/applications submitted to NIPEX, Client or other relevant bodies are in compliance with statutory requirements and are submitted as at when due to the relevant agencies.
- Responds to the needs of the customer in an official request for proposal (RFP). Analyzes potential benefits and drawbacks of each bid. Responds within 24 to 48hours to all request for quotes (RFQ) and request for proposal (RFP) enquiries.
- Prepares and monitor the process of necessary bid tenders documentations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in contract process. Communicates the bid documentations to respective departments or persons either via telephone or electronic or in person.
- Contract Development- Develops contracts, ensuring that it satisfies legal requirements, align with company objectives and reflect the terms proposed by the customer and company.
- Understands the company’s policies and procedures, interests and strategic planning as well as laws and rules governing contracts.
- Contract Management- For existing contract, collects, organizes and files documentation for contracts. This includes documents that show how the contractor performs and complies with a contract. Conduct audits of contracts. Ensuring full compliance with stipulated terms.
- Under the supervision of management ensure that set tasks contributes to the organization achievement of its strategic goals.
- Resolve issues and disputes, terminate or renegotiate contracts in which company may perform poorly and proffer preventive measures to mitigate reoccurrence
- Provides specialist advice and guidance on contracting and related issues.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future project personnel availability.
- Develop and implement contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Review, evaluate, specifications for issued and awarded bids.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies in regards to contract management.
- Prepare documentations for bids awarded.
- Communicates with customers- Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the company to customers and other external agencies where necessary.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers.
- Monitors request for proposals and request for quotes and prepares necessary documentation for submission.
- Manages and ensures adherence of company’s price quotes to RFQ.
- Coordinates the preparation of contracts and contract amendments and ensures compliance with legislation.
- Monitors contract progress and compliance, change orders and reviews.
- Prepares monthly status reports, summaries and other correspondence.
- Prepare information management plan
- Performs other office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
Deadline: 4th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Please include your expected salary on the body of the mail.