Bethsaida Insurance Brokers Limited (A Subsidiary of bethsaida groups of companies) is a well-managed, well-capitalized, and financially sound company, offering excellent insurance broking services. It was incorporated to carry on insurance broking services.
At Bethsaida Insurance Brokers LTD, we are dedicated to identifying and mitigating risks and understanding the needs and concerns of our clients and to providing excellent advice and service free of charge in timely fashion for our clients. Our aim is to achieve a “win/win” results for both insured and insurer in each transaction.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Insurance Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job type: Full time
Job Description / Responsibility
- Ensure quality underwriting and claims management for all classes of Insurance, prompt and error-free documentation of policies to achieve superior customer service delivery.
- Generating new business opportunities for the company.
- The candidate is also expected to act as a Branch Manager and manage a set of a dedicated team.
- Works closely with brokers to ensure service goals are met
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers in order to attract develop and retain profitable businesses.
- Participate with senior management in department and business unit-wide initiatives around product development, processes, underwriting policy and strategy; recommend/implement changes to improve productivity, profitability, and business growth.
- Assessing, gathering background information & forming an opinion on insurance proposals
- Day-to-day underwriting operations by establishing priorities, adjusting quotes when necessary, to have a competitive edge over other industry players while ensuring adherence to laid down underwriting standards.
- Conduct underwriting audits and other technical quality review programs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared and obtain approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price.
- Actively manage a set of a team assigned to you, deliver timely, high quality, and profitable services.
- Liaise with other departments to resolve issues and create business efficiencies
- Establish and manage departmental business processes.
- Interfacing with actuarial consultants on technical matters.
- First Degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower degree) in Insurance, or any related field
- Candidate should possess relevant experience.
Additional Job Requirements
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable understanding of the underwriting concepts, principles, practices, and procedures
- Proven Insurance Underwriting Skills
- Confident decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of life insurance policies
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications most especially in Microsoft Excel tool.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills.
Deadline: 7th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and location as subject of the mail e.g (Insurance Manager-Ibadan).
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.