The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally-adapted models of health systems strengthening. Established in 2010, CCCRN implements projects through a team of experienced health and allied professionals that include clinicians, laboratorians, community workers and health information specialists and in partnership with multiple national and international organizations. CCCRN currently implements multiple health projects through donor funds in Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Delta, Imo, Anambra and Benue states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
- The Senior Human Resources Specialist develops human resources policies, procedures and processes to support CCCRN
- Coordinates routine employee performance reviews, job description development and updates, employee recruitment and new employee orientation
- Responsible for oversight of human resources legal compliance, management of employee benefits packages, and coordinates with the Finance team for payroll-related updates as needed.
Qualification and Skills
- A Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, the Social Sciences or a related-discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in human resource
- Prior experience in a Not for profit will be an advantage
- Membership of a recognized professional body such as CIPM, CIPD or SHRM
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal discipline
- Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Serve as a resource to employees and management to interpret general human resources policy
- Consults with local management in providing day-to-day HR guidance and services.
- Manages the development and implementation of local policies and procedures
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues with guidance from Management and external counsel, as appropriate. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and all staff.
- Manages and leads recruitment , Develops contract/employment terms for new hires, promotions, transfers and contracted resources
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Manages compensation and benefit practices and tracking mechanisms.
- Manages performance review process for all staff on an annual basis.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has a supervisory role
- Internal: All program staff, Administration and finance team
- External: Vendors, Suppliers and Service Providers
Agency-Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Deadline: 16th July, 2020 Midnight
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.