Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Software Developer
Reporting to: Head, ICT
- As a Software Developer on our team you’ll be a critical player contributing to the success of our Software systems/database design, installation, testing and maintenance.
- This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning about and supporting a variety of enterprise applications as we innovate.
- Work with the Head, ICT and other developers in delivering on the technical goals and designs of projects including the design of algorithms and flowcharts
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Provide subject-matter expertise, customer advocacy, and analysis through all phases of the development life-cycle
- Develop, Implement, and Support software products and solutions that integrate with in-house and third-party systems
- Aid relevant functional teams by identifying requirements and improvements to architectural design of new/existing applications
- Provide support to internal stakeholders in the conversion of individual client business requirements into software functionality
- Deliver and document complete, tested, and high quality code while ensuring sound design, process and quality practices are followed based on specifications
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional groups and communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Periodic support in the evaluation, implementation and documentation of new software development
- Contribute to creation and/or documentation of software development processes, practices and operations to ensure reproducible development and high quality
- Communicate effectively well with internal/external parties
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Industry experience in Insurance or Financial Services is an Advantage.
- Knowledge of Secure Software Development Methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience with Windows .NET framework, C#, Java, Python,PHP, VB, PLSQL, TSQL. etc.
- Knowledge of SOAP, REST, Web Services, DLLs etc.
- Experience working with Databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database 11g, 12. and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Mobile development experience on Android and IOS.
- Experience working with Web servers IIS, Apache, WebLogic etc.
- Practical experience of development with an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Experience in insurance software developments will be an advantage
- Certification in Microsoft and Oracle
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Open to new ideas and methods and interest in technology trends to support modernization while ensuring reproducible development and high quality
- High integrity and honesty, promoting trust in all actions
- Strong knowledge and experience of e-commerce and project management is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online