Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
- The Wash Program Manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals.
- He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
- He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
Project relevance, quality and design:
- Contribute to establishing assessments
- Contribute to define Solidarités International’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities
- Organize and facilitate evaluation missions
- Propose a technical approach and a financial, human and logistical scope for the programs to be implemented
- Write the technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals
- Implement activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarités International’s technical requirements and the financial donors’ criteria
- Evaluate the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual developments and the populations’ needs
- Propose adjustments to the programs, if necessary
- Ensure that the programs under his/her supervision achieve the required results
- Ensure that program objectives meet sustainability requirements and, if required, compliance with established norms and standards
- Participate in building the WASH teams’ abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies
Implementation and Operational Monitoring:
- Plan activities and activity cycles for WASH (hiring, purchasing, etc.) in the light of established objectives
- Used the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools for WASH, particularly the planning and monitoring timeline
- Propose and implement quality criteria and monitoring indicators for WASH program
- Support and advise to the base’s logistical department for the purchase of specific materials for WASH activities
- Plan and supervise the WASH program implementation he/she is in charge of, being sure to meet deadlines and adhere to predefined technical specifications
- Supervise and provide support for the WASH managers; monitor and evaluate the implemented WASH activities
- Anticipate any issues linked to carrying out the WASH activities and help to resolve any problems related to the WASH activities
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the WASH activity depending on contextual and indicator developments
- Working with the administrative department, contribute to developing budgets relative to his/her program and monitor expenses and budget forecasts
- Working with given project manager, draw up requirement statuses and cash flow needs Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Use the capitalization tools proposed by Solidarités International
- Participate in the centralization and distribution of procedures, guides and tools linked to the WASH activities
- Capitalize on intervention methods and techniques and on the experiences acquired by Solidarités and other participants in the WASH activities
- Write procurement and handover reports before the end of his/her contract and send it to the appropriate persons on the mission and at headquarters
- Participate in validating the hiring of national technical staff for activities
- Define the prerequisites for opened WASH positions together with the administrative department; adapt existing job descriptions if required
- Greet and brief the expatriates working on the program
- Identify and pass on any training needs for WASH teams
- Set up technical training depending on WASH operational needs and identify training requirements
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Lead work groups and thematic meetings
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his/her direct supervision
- Ensure adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Pass upward to the relevant persons any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact Solidarités activities and the safety of the teams
- In his/her assignment area, represent Solidarités International’s at meetings or forums concerning the WASH activities
- Represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so
- Reply to headquarter information requests regarding specific needs
- In collaboration with the WASH /program coordinator, prepare the administrative documents (MOU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partners
- Draft activity reports and any annexes relating to specific activities for the financial donor reports and/or amendments
- Ensure that all reports are delivered on time and in the correct format
- Maintain a local operational communications network and good relations with local and government authorities, financial donor representatives, UN agencies and other international agencies
- Training/Education: B.Sc. / HND Civil Engineering, Building technology, Architecture or related degrees
- Professional experience: 2 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Data collection and analysis software
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
Deadline: 4th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.