A reputable Oil and Gas company is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Level: Managerial Level
- The selected candidate must have minimum of 7 years managerial Logistics and Supply Chain experience in the Oil and Gas sector.
- He / She will be responsible for the overall logistics function in the petroleum products supply chain.
- Ensure all PEF returns are properly processed, analyzed, summarized, and submitted timely to PEF office monthly and maintain a quarterly reconciliation and certificate of claims and allowances obtained
- Communicate freight information to haulers and customers, using approved transportation information system to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of logistics services.
- Monitor and analyze contract performance of haulers to ensure compliance with contract terms, schedules, and cost objectives
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Ensure haulers comply with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, transportation modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers
- Monitor fuel stock holding reports for all depot locations
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Supervise the work of District Logistics Managers, Distribution Supervisors, and Assistant Distribution Supervisor schedulers.’
- Ensure all logistics operations are carried out in compliance with HSE standards and regulations
- Ensure that routine quality control and quality assurance procedures and fuel equipment maintenance checks (including truck inspection) are carried out and coordinate with the District Logistics Manager on issues pertaining to safety, security and maintenance of trucks and equipment
Reporting and Relationships:
- The Logistics Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
- Good first degree preferably in the Social Sciences or Management Sciences or Arts.
- A post-graduate degree in Business Administration or Logistics Supply Chain Management or Operations Research or Shipping will be an added advantage.
- A professional qualification in Purchasing and Supply or Logistics Management.
- Min. of 7 years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management in an oil and gas environment.
- Has well-rounded experience in haulage management in the oil and gas downstream
- Must have vast experience in government relations (especially DPR, NIMASA, PPPRA, PPPMC, NNPC, etc.)
- Must have adequate experience in managing labour relations (especially with NUPENG, PENGASSAN, etc.)
Deadline: 2nd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates that match the above experience would be contacted