The Meadow Hall Professional Diploma in Education is a weekend programme, lasting 1 calendar year of two (2) semesters which offers an opportunity for individuals teaching without the required qualification to acquire the relevant knowledge in the field of education and subsequently be certifled.
This programme is approved by the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN). The Diploma comprises a blend of virtual learning and face-to-face practical teaching at the MHE Campus (when required).
The programme aims to:
- Equip a new generation of dedicated teachers with the practical teaching and professional skills required to tackle the challenges of the 21st century learner and learning environment.
- Increase the employment opportunities of PDE graduates.
- Bridge the skill gap between teacher trainees and an effective professional educator.
- Create and prepare a pool of teachers equipped with the skill set and character essential for the workplace.
- Foster an understanding in teachers value of continuing professional A development.
The benefits of this programme includes:
- Increased employment chance post PDE certification
- Interactive Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Flexible programme schedule to accommodate working class studentteachers
- Adequate support and mentoring system
- Top-notch facilitators and learning expe ence
- Quality school experience placement
- Teaching licence from the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)Eligibility:
HND/Bachelor’s Degree Graduates
Duration:One (1) Calendar Year of Two (2) Semesters
Previous Experience: Not Required
Application Deadline: November 28th 2020
Registration of students & Submission of Student credentials: December 1st 11th 2020
Orientation: January 6th 7th, 2021
First Semester lectures: January 8th April 4th, 2021
How to apply:Interested and qualified Applicants should: