BusinessDay is the leading medium for up-to-date news and insightful analysis of business, policy and the economy in Nigeria. We are a critical decision-making tool for investors and managers. We provide unbiased news and informed analysis on politics, governance, social and economic trends for the general reader.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Internal Control and Audit
- We are looking to hire an internal auditor to improve on our operations and bring a systematic and strategic approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Qualifications / Required Experience
- Minimum second class upper degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable institution.
- Additional qualifications MBA, CISA / CISSP, etc. is an added advantage
- 6-8 years’ relevant experience with a reputable organization
- Experience as Internal Auditor in the media or manufacturing industry is an added advantage
- Relevant professional certification (s) i.e. ACA, ACCA. CIA, etc is compulsory.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Results oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments and juggle multiple demands
- Sound independent judgement
- Tenacity and Ethics
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Proven track record on interacting with Management
- Solid knowledge of corporate governance practices
- Preparation and administration of annual audit plans.
- Ensure the maintenance of comprehensive systems for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings, reports and follow up audits
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Plan financial, regulatory, operational and other reviews/audits
- Conduct periodic physical verification of fixed assets.
- Ensure the continual review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures, and processes across the organization and identify improvement opportunities.
- Work directly with other Unit Heads on the implementation of controls including business process redesign, policies and procedures documentation, evidence evaluation and systems enhancements.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Prepare and manage the internal audit budget
- Investigate violations of the company’s operational procedures and make recommendations on appropriate preventive/remedial action.
- Provision of regular, accurate and objective reports/updates for management attention.
- Support monitoring of the company’s compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Coordinate and interact with audit firms performing external audits of the company’s financial statements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online