Delight Affection Foundation (DAF) is a non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization that aims at bringing affection and delight to the destitute that are less privileged, homeless, hungry, hopeless and the vulnerable, giving them a reason to hold onto life again and hope for the best out of it, to build up and enhance the quality of their lives by eliminating barriers to opportunities, promoting self-growth, empowerment for sustainable living and reduction of hunger and malnutrition. It was established in 2019 due to our passionate desire to reach the destitute and duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
- Supporting Identification, selection of beneficiaries among the vulnerable displaced people and host communities that have been affected by the insurgency interpreting in local dialect to the beneficiaries and community leaders the general program concept form.
- Provide weekly field reports, capturing activities progress, lessons learned, success stories on the project as well as general situation and community updates and needs.
- Facilitate awareness raising sessions for community, leaders, teachers, health workers and representatives of a wider community so as to strengthen community-based systems of support
- Mobilize communities and disseminate information about the Humanitarian services available
- Facilitating community mobilization activities to support targeting beneficiaries and improve Vocational Training Interventions knowledge, attitudes and practices.
- Support community food security and livelihood needs assessments as at and when due.
- Lead where necessary community meetings to identify gender related priorities and protection concerns.
- Identify, train and support community-based Protection focal points on how to identify and adequately respond to cases of risk.
- Conduct Focus Groups Discussions and Key Informant Interviews on different topics related to protection, such as positive discipline, hygiene, reproductive health, Nutrition, Skill acquisition and others
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and ensure child safeguarding concerns are reported and followed up.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the line manager
Deadline: 20 October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.
- Non Paid Volunteers.