Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014. At MUTUAL, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent services to all our stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Non-Life Insurance Underwriter
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Job type: Full-time
- Ensure quality underwriting and claims management for all classes of general insurance, prompt and error-free documentation of policies to achieve superior customer service delivery.
- First degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower degree) in related field
- CIIN Associateship is an added advantage
- Between 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in non-life insurance underwriting and claims management.
Skills / Competencies:
- Good knowledge of life Insurance Underwriting
- Good knowledge of life insurance policies
- Numeracy and statistical skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn fast and multitask.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing proposals & preparing quotations
- Selects new business in accordance with company underwriting philosophy, established authority parameters, as well as written / verbal procedures and guidelines
- Underwriting renewals of existing businesses
- Writing and preparing policy documentations
- Issuance of debit note / credit note and other documents
- Prepare monthly renewal notices
- Preparation of premium payment remittances
- Prompt and ethical response to all requests / issues and correspondences.
- Works with other departments as necessary to resolve process issues.
- Targeting new customers and developing strong relationships with clients / Brokers.
- Applying reinsurance knowledge in order to assess potential risk exposure of the company
- Generating reports periodically
- Maintaining credit note register, new business register and cheque/transfer receipt register
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online