Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Technical Director
Location: Bauchi, Kebbi or Sokoto
- In collaboration with some of it’s partners: Palladium, Society For Family Health, PharmAccess and many others will be implementing a USAID funded Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts called the Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to implement priority primary health interventions in Kebbi, Bauchi, and Sokoto, Ebonyi and FCT to strengthen the states-, LGAs-, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government.
- The objectives of the program are to (a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services; (b) improve access to primary health care services; and, (c) increase quality of primary health care services.
- The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. The project will operate over a 5-year period and Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the following positions in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto
- The State Technical Director will be responsible for providing leadership in strengthening the state health systems including RMNCH quality service delivery for an upcoming USAID award in Nigeria.
- The State Technical Director will provide technical leadership and support for the State / LGA primary health care level activities.
- This integrated health project aims to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services. The project will operate over a 5-year period.
- State Technical Director positions are to be posted in Bauchi, Kebbi or Sokoto.
- A Medical doctor or any other closely related health care professional; specialization in obstetrics and gynecology or Public Health and other health related courses (e.g., MPH, MSC in international health, Social sciences or other relevant degree) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5-7 years working experience in the areas of RMNCH, Nutrition, family planning and HIV/AIDS.
- Previous experience working on a CDC or USAID funded project will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH structures and functions especially as it relates to MNCH is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding RMNCH.
- Experience with technical leadership for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policy makers in maternal health.
- Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions.
- Strong skills in leadership, design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g., services, training, quality improvement, advocacy and coordination.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Strong ability to multi-task will be highly desirable.
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication) and Hausa and/or Fulfulde.
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria as necessary.
Deadline: 16th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job title e.g. “State Technical Director – Bauchi”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer