The African Marine Environment Sustainability Initiative (AFMESI) is a registered, non-profit organization that promotes and implements strategies aimed at protecting and restoring marine ecosystems within the continent. Over the past few years, we have collaborated with civil society organizations, government officials, local communities and the United Nations to achieve great strides for the marine environments within Africa. Our office is operated from Lagos state, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Slot: 2 Openings
Start date: January 12, 2021
Reporting directly to the Executive Secretary, the Program Assistants’roles are as follows:
- Developing projects for AFMESI.
- Preparing and making presentations on behalf of the organization.
- Attending meetings with executive members and taking minutes.
- Travelling within Nigeria and/or regionally on behalf of the organization.
- Co-managing email, in-person and social media communications.
- Planning and coordinating upcoming events of the organization.
- Performing any other duties assigned.
The qualifications and skills that AFMESI is seeking for thesepositionsare as follows:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a Science program.
- At least 2 years work experience.
- Excellent strategic communications skills.
- Experience working with regional or international regulatory institutions.
- Experience with executing presentations.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Strong knowledge and passion for the environment, especially the marine environment.
- Strong proficiency with the use of computer.
- Residence within Lagos state, Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with the contact information of 3 references and a Cover Letter to the following email: email@example.com The subject line of the email must be – “Application: Program Assistant”. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be reviewed.
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 17th December, 2020.