Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PM – Engineering Innovation
Job Number: 934905
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- Are you interested in working in the most exciting company in the tech industry in Africa? A global industry leader relentlessly focused on Diversity and Inclusion? A pioneer with unmatched passion for growing, innovating, and expanding the technology ecosystem by investing in growing the awesome talents in Africa? Then Microsoft ADC-West is most likely the place for you!
- At ADC, Microsoft is conducting research, incubation, product engineering and strategic partnerships, contributing to the company strategy and value creation. We are a diverse and an enthusiastic crew of engineers and innovators. We work hard, have a lot of fun, and share a singular goal: to enable every person and organization in the emerging markets to realize the Microsoft promise of enabling every person and organization on the planet to do more.
- Microsoft ADC-W is seeking an individual who will help identify opportunities for game changing innovations with global impact.
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development knowledge with demonstrated analytical and business modeling skills
- Passion: Must be passionate about technology and creating great customer experiences and services.
- Positive Attitude: Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-disciplinary virtual teams to help drive key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2+ years of business experience in consulting, investment banking, technology, consumer, enterprise, or related industry.
- Bachelor’s in Business or related field or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Internships will be considered as applicable experiences.
- Influence: Ability to influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment, including ability to communicate and influence various internal stakeholders and across functions
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in implementation of business and product strategy, translate these strategies into a partner plan and identify partnerships that can accelerate our business growth.
- Transaction Execution: Assist in identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), and assist with structuring deal terms and negotiations. Communicate with internal stakeholders which will consist of Internal ADC and Extended LT team at all stages of the process to secure buy-in and approvals.
- Help drive complex and less complex discussions to fruition to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from situations which did not meet the ADC business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk while adhering to core deal principles.
- Support maintenance of ongoing relationships with stakeholders to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- Industry Expertise: Develop industry expertise including competitive and market dynamics, product, and technology trends.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online