At The Olive Prime Psychological services (TOPS), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and understand that life can sometimes go beyond your capabilities. Additionally, we understand the role genetics and environmental factors play in our mental health and the ability to cope with life.
Difficult situations do arise, and at such times, we are committed to providing the much needed support to our clients and patients, ensuring that each individual experiences a more realistic, flexible journey to Recovery. Our treatment approach is multidisciplinary and delivered in a safe and comfortable environment with experienced staff that provide specialist services and combine a range of therapeutic interventions.
TOPS became the first Day Hospital addiction and mental health resource center in Nigeria when it opened in Abuja a few years ago. It has since grown to have an inpatient facility in Abuja. TOPS has a robust array of psychological tools and can boast of being one of the few Centers in West Africa that have the latest Psychological Tools like the WISC-V for testing intelligence in younger people.
We have a robust Child and Adolescent service. Our Medical Director, Dr Motunrayo Oyelohunnu, who was appointed MD last year on her return from Canada has a special interest in Child and Adolescent psychiatry and is making sure that investments are made in the organisation to cater for the needs of individual and families with young people that have mental and behavioural challenges.
Our Drug rehabilitation program is a blend of both American / Canadian and UK treatment protocols (choosing the best from each service). More importantly we believe in the role of spirituality in treatment, irrespective of your faith. Your spiritual development will be encouraged.
We are now opening a new centre in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. It is an 11 -bedded facility. We have just appointed a new Clinical Director, Dr Ibironke Thomas, who is a Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Thomas is an experienced clinician and versed in management of all forms of psychiatric Disorders. She was trained in family/systemic treatments by the Meriden Centre at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation NHS Trust. She is one of the big minds in Quality Service delivery within the mental health space in Nigeria.
The Quality and Managerial service will be led by our newly appointed life coach, Murrielle Jean-Michel. Murielle is committed to ensuring the quality of service is same as obtainable in her country in Europe. TOPS is now a member of the newly formed Intersect Consortium. This is the largest consortium of organisations providing mental and behavioral health treatments in Africa
We seek to recruit suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Reports to: Consultant Psychiatrist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that on admission, patient’s diagnosis in line with ICD is documented on EMR and explained to the patient and Family.
- Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing i.v infusions, administration of i.v drugs, etc.
- To type and file discharge summaries on all patients discharged from TourmalineOlive Prime within 24 hours of discharge
- Must ensure every patient discharged from Olive Prime sees a doctor for follow up within 7 days post discharge
- Be present and contactable within clinic premises at all times during work hours except when on other official duties.
- To carry out a physical examination on all patients before admission according to the Olive Prime Policy
- To maintain individual contact with patients, carrying out ward rounds and other duties detailed by the Consultant
- To update clinical notes on all patients according to best practice for record keeping
- Run regular follow up clinics and encourage patient attendance
- Carry out home visits to review patients
- Lead a clinical team to pick up patients from the community for admission
- Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Follow up that Consultants explain diagnosis to patient and document it.
- To respond promptly to the request of all clinical staff (Consultants, other doctors and nurses) to see patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated.
- Partake in on-call duties
- Run a smoking cessation clinic
- Be part of the team that makes contact with Organizations to seek clients for Olive Prime
- Carry out presentations at clinical meetings in various hospitals to inform them of our clinical services
- Contribute to and be a part of Olive Prime Business Team
- To examine a sick / injured member of clinic staff and offer appropriate advice in respect of treatment
- Liaise regularly with Service Manager to discuss service improvement
- Carry out regular teaching sessions directed at Nurses, Support Workers and Psychologists.
- Be a part of interview panels during staff recruitment
- Be a member of Olive prime Middle management committee and attend line Management meetings
- Be a co-chair for Olive Prime Educational meetings
- Be a facilitator on some of Olive Prime Training programs
- Read, understand and adhere to clinic policies and procedures
- Will be a clinical and managerial lead
- Will be a part of the Business Development team
- Will be asked to be part of other ad-hoc committees if and when necessary
- Take a lead role in developing and writing proposals for Olive Prime-Tourmaline Services
Health and Safety and Quality Assurance:
- Be familiar, understand and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations including evacuation policy and the medical officer’s role in such an event
- Be aware of the promotion of effective customer care and public relations in order to promote the good reputation of the clinic
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager is essential
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Evidence of completion of NYSC / Exemption.
- Strong interest in mental health and Addictions is a pre-requisite for this role
- Relevant experience in mental health is an advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ post-NYSC experience in Clinical care and patient management.
- Up-to-date MDCN licence
- Post-Graduation qualifications including Masters programs are desirable
- Experience in non-clinical settings that demonstrates exposure to other industries is desirable.
- Will be sponsored to internal training programs and if exceptional will be exposed to international training programs
- Will be expected to engage in self-directed learning
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core
Application Deadline 30th November, 2020.