ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Portal Information and Visual Design Consultant
- The Consultant will work with a team of Administrators to manage the Women Voice and Leadership (WVL) Project Feminist Hub.
- The Consultant will work with the WVL Communications Officer, Web Portal Content Consultant and the Communications Hub to ensure synergy with all AAN digital platforms.
- S / he will be expected to work twice a week, for a maximum of 8 days in a month.
- S/he will ensure smooth running and operations of the web portal through creative and appealing user-friendly interface, streamlining navigation, and increasing the web portal online presence especially among Women’s Rights Organizations.
- In addition, the Consultant will be required to carry out routine checks on the website and give informed assessment when required.
Qualifications / Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or any related field
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a Website Manager
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to maximize traffic to the Hub
- Experience managing websites in the Social Development Sector is desirable.
Deadline: 10th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in a single documentt to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted CVs as applicable will be considered.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g “Web Portal Information and Visual Design Consultant – Abuja”.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.