NPG Farms Hatchery & Agro Allied Services is currently undergoing a massive re-engineering and expansion process and they require the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are agricultural establishment that is committed to producing and marketing best quality poultry and farm products. We have been in operations for close to two decades.
- The successful candidate will report to the Head of Operations and will be responsible for the day to day management of the farm, output and its team.
Specific duties are listed below but not limited to:
- Monitor production trends and targets set for poultry- managing and achieving production targets as well as quality standards of the poultry farm Activities;
Quality Standard of Poultry:
- Check the quality and quantity of birds to be raised on the poultry farm – Check the requirements of different resources like chicks, feed, equipments, man power, water, litter material
Ensure compliance with quality standards and regulations of the organization – Ensure minimum mortality rate for the birds and evaluate quality standards in terms of:
- Air quality of the poultry farm
- Accessibility/quality of feed and water
- Quality of produce
- Worker efficiency Activities;
Maintaining Safe Working Practices:
- Ensure compliance with safety and hyigene standards of the organization. Ensuring welfare of poultry: Ensure that the accommodation / rearing area for the birds is well maintained and not prone to diseases such as bird flu. Ensure compliance with waste management procedures
- Conduct workplace checklist audits before and after work to ensure safety and hygiene Activities; Ensure compliance with appropriate emergency procedures ( related to management of poultry farm) Ensure the procedures for dealing with accidents, fires and emergencies are followed at all times. Ensure that first aid treatment is provided to any injured in case of an accident
- Ensure that materials and supplies are replenished as and when required – Plan and ensure procurement of resources required. Monitor feed stocks and respond to feed quality and quality requirements
Managing and Motivating a Team:
- Ensure that the team is aware of the schedule and job expectations on a daily basis. Ensuring Discipline and strict compliance to work performance and expected Company standard of behaviour
Accurate Record Keeping:
- Document and maintain accurate and complete production records. Ensure daily accurate records are maintained for the inbound and outbound of poultry, materials and utilization of facilities for production and convey same to the top management as at when required. Prepare and present production reports to senior management
- Ensure strict compliance to poultry medication and vaccination
- Manage biosecurity protocols and achieve quality standards F.1.10 Monitor biosecurity protocols by ensuring restricted entry of visitors, using proper disinfectants, minimising vehicle movements, undertaking prevention measures for minimizing infections,etc in accordance with workplace standards
Supervision of Farms:
- Security Personnel
- Equipment and Tools; such as brooder units, feeders, drinkers
- Facility and Utilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Management experience would be a plus and use to farm attendance
- A passion for Agriculture and life care of poultry
- Willing to work and live in Oyo state,
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience in a farming/poultry-related field preferably in a well organized and recognized Farms.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- knowledge of Poultry/food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- A commitment passion for animal welfare
- An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
- Effective people management skills
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- To carry out manual duties
- To work under pressure and outside work hours
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
Deadline: 31st March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Leave a Reply