Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Supervisor
Location: Gambaru-Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
- Degree in Pycho-social or related field essential.
- Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years.
- English language essential, local language – Hausa/Kanuri desirable
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork
- Candidate applying must have a valid National Identity Card issued by NIMC & a BVN number
N300,000 – N350,000 / Month
Deadline: 8th March, 2021; 12:00hrs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (English only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mental Health Supervisor” as subject of the email.
Applications must be in English and include: