Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Flying Electrician
Location: Maiduguri – With support to Borno, Yobe, Zamfara and any other intervention as needed.
Report To: Logistics Coordinator
Report To (Functional): Deputy Logistics Coordionator
Working Hours 48 Per Week
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Performing autonomously, complex / advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities across the mission (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc., according MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations.
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project. Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
- Carrying out and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing regular maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project. Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Identifying local technical actors, and organizing their participation in the project (training of technical staff, establishing relations with local companies, contractors and suppliers, quotations, contracts, etc.)
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed
- Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- To Carry out electrical rehabilitation works in projects and capital and ensure electricity safety standard.
- Train Project Technician minimum electrical safety & standard.
- Able to translate the electrical drawings given to carry out electrical installations.
- Define together with Logistics managers the stock of Electrical materials per project.
- Evaluate together with Electricity manager Power supply needs for each premise in project and capital
- Ensure that quality electrical materials are installed in MSF buildings.
- Give guidance to Supply team for procurement of electrical materials.
- Education: Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training
- Experience: Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Languages: English and Hausa
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation and Stress Management.
NGN3,014,622 – As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Deadline: 11th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of the NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to:
email@example.com (in the subject, please put the position you are applying for).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.